Tallarook 'Take Three'

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 May 2015

Another trip to Tallarook yesterday, and again another great day....smiley.

7 vehicles met at the old Strath Creek pub, Matt in the Disco, Allan in 'the Pig' (Jeep), Kelvin, Neil & Pete in their GQ Patrols, Tony & his Hilux & myself in the Paj.  As soon as we hit the gravel roads, we aired down.

We then made our way to a track that I really enjoy, nothing hard but a nice drive. Tony, who knows Tallarook very well, had not heard of this track & said it is now a favourite in the area. This track is one of the many that are seasonally closed, but not gated so check website if you plan to go up in this area after next weekend as quite of the tracks are 'off limits' from after next weekend till November.

Was a nice climb, but track has some huge washouts & just before the end, Neil got 'hung up' on one of the bigger ones.

Pete in his awesome GQ gave him a gentle snatch & no damage to sidesteps on the Patrol.

At the completion of this track, we then split up with 4 of the cars heading off to Steep Tk & three of us driving in from the top end. This track is another seasonal closure that is gated at the top, but not at the bottom....surprise. Was a a little wetter than our previous visit, but all those who drove it did a great job.

We then made our way to Phone Track where unfortunately Tony suffered his 1st cv failure after 30 years of 4wding. All I can say is that he didnt just break it, but absolutely smashed it. His day was now finished & he made arrangements for a tow truck to come & collect the stricken Hilux.

Neil & I were the only 2 who didnt drive the full length of Phone Tk, as Neil''s gq is his 'daily driver' & after what happened to Tony, he did not want to push it, so both of us headed up another track to meet the rest of the group. IMO, 'good call' Neil. Discomatt drove it for the 1st time & we couldnt get the smile off his face for the rest of the day.....laugh.

More to come & next is video of 1st part of the day.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 May 2015
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 May 2015

After lunch we then continued on driving various tracks, ranging from easy to hard. We arrived at the difficult section of Cable Tk with most driving it successfully. A few of the guys still wanted more, so I took them to a track that would 'test their sense of humour'. Told them if you were prepared for lots of 'crashing & bashing' of undercarriages; go for it.

After 4 of the crew completed this track, we made our back to Horans Tk. Time was now against us to get down to 'the ladder', so it was decided to head towards a couple of tracks that again would be 'character building'. Didnt get any pics, but have some video footage that I will upload soon.

We then made our way back to the main road where we aired up & said our good byes. A great day with great people who enjoy all the aspects of 4wding. All willing to help each other out when needed, dont need to set speed records when driving on the tracks, in other words a pleasure to go out with.

Other than the unfortunate breakage for Tony, the only other downside of the day was Pete telling Mim & the girls to get out of the car whiklst he drove one track & one of his daughters very 'unimpressed'....lol.

A  of pic of Allan on the last track of the day; have video of Pete & Kelvin on this one.

Again, great day, great company.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
31 May 2015

Awesome trip, very well planned and executed! ..... You may win "Trip Leader of the Year 2015" ! haha

Thanks for sharing....can't wait for next trip with you. 

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
31 May 2015

What another awesome trip Allan! 

I must say, we all really loved this trip. With great company, and a few challenges thrown at us here & there throughout the day.

It is a pitty that Tony broke his CV and had to go home early though, other that that incident, it was an excellent day

Great report & excellent pics/vids

Thanks Allan

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
31 May 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
01 Jun 2015

Here is a little clip of a hill climb (if it works that is)

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
01 Jun 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
01 Jun 2015

Here is a video of part of Phone Track 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Jun 2015

Nice video Pete, sorry about my backside being in part of it....blush. Glad you and the family all enjoyed the day.

Part 2 of my video is almost ready, so will put it up in the next 10 mins or so.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Jun 2015

Awesome trip, very well planned and executed! ..... You may win "Trip Leader of the Year 2015" ! haha

Thanks for sharing....can't wait for next trip with you. 

Thanks for those kind words Kelvin. Will be planning another trip or two in the coming weeks.

BTW, 'Part 2' video is now up.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Jun 2015
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Jun 2015

Thanks for the Part 2 Video Al! ..... love to see all the hill climbs! 

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
01 Jun 2015

Nice video Pete, sorry about my backside being in part of it....blush. Glad you and the family all enjoyed th......

Lol Allan.
Awesome video & trip mate, you should become a film producer :-)

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
02 Jun 2015

Here is a little clip of a hill climb (if it works that is)

great stuff Pete....yes

1 2   Next