Queens BDay weekend High Country

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
31 May 2015

Just seeing if anyone on here was heading around the Mt.Stirling area over queens b day long weekend and checking out any of the huts? Thinking might be a good chance before the area gets closed to do a run out there possibly even see some snow. 

Ern
Ern (Ziggy)
31 May 2015

QB weekend is the start of the ski season. Won't the tracks be closed?

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
31 May 2015

Queens birthday is the last weekend that the tracks will be open till they re open cup weekend. 

Frankie (frankied)
31 May 2015

Hey mate ill be up there with another convoy, if you see a black jeep wrangler say gday.

Cheers

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
31 May 2015

No worries cheers. Any plans where ur staying at this stage?

Phil
Phil (Lingus)
31 May 2015

Hey guys, I'll be camping up there to, and i just got back from being up there today and man ...was it WET

Freya (Sparkles)
01 Jun 2015

FWDV have their big do on up there on that weekend. It will be a very busy place. Lots of clubs participating. Just thought I would forewarn you.

Haydos
Haydos (reddahaydn)
01 Jun 2015

Hey Digger,

What route are you thinking of taking? I'm pretty sure we will still head Dargo way still as I reckon it will be very busy up near the huts, but I have always wanted to do a huts trip so may consider coming along with you guys. How many cars you thinking? We've got 4 already coming.

If there is snow, it would make for some pretty epic views from blue rag tho.

Cheers mate

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
01 Jun 2015

Thanks for the heads up Sparkles, Hayden gonna camp first night at Tomahawk hut, then to King Basin rd next day on to king hut. Then gonna check out Lake Cobbler. Craigs hut and so on on the last day. Not sure who is coming at this stage might be a solo trip, ur more than welcome to come if you dont go to Dargo. 

Aaron
Aaron (Chuah1)
04 Jun 2015

Hey Anthony, when you leaving and meeting point? Louise and I are considering joining this trip if possible!!!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Jun 2015

Where did you end up Anth?

Liza and I had a great weekend, I took Friday as well so 4 days up at Toc sitting around the fire, going for walks and cooking some great camp fire food and drinking way to much.

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Jun 2015

Where did you end up Anth?

Liza and I had a great weekend, I took Friday as well so 4 days up at Toc sitting around the fire, going for walks and cooking some great camp fire food and drinking way to much.

Hey buddy, we ended up doing a run up the high country and checking out all the huts before the tracks closed. We covered quite a few km's and just camped wherever we ended up. It was great to see Craigs Hut with snow!

Haydos
Haydos (reddahaydn)
10 Jun 2015

Doesn't look like there was many people around Craigs hut? I thought it would have been a highway!!!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
10 Jun 2015

Nic pics mate, looks like a cold weekend, it was nice and warm up at Toc, was in a t shirt on monday before we came home.

My phone is playing up and the txt you sent didn't come through, photo's are coming up as a error and not loading but I assume it was the same as on here.

Need to catch up for a drive soon