Seasonal Track Closures 2015

Forum > General Discussion
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
27 May 2015

Here is the link to track closures for 2015.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/safety/fire,-flood-and-other-closures/seasonal-road-closures2

Please be aware that many of the tracks that are closed are not gated, so do yourself a favour and check the areas you intend to go to, as authorities do not accept the excuse; " It wasnt gated, so I presumed it was open". Tallarook has many tracks that fall into this category, including Phone and Steep Tracks.

Not sure if it is gated now, but Aeroplane Tk in Toolangi is now also a seasonal closure.

Cheers

Good reference site mate. Appreciate you sharing.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
27 May 2015

Thanks Allan. I did not know there were tracks without gates that are listed as closed by Park's Victoria and could have quite easily fallen victim of being caught on what was listed as a closed track.  I much appreciate the advice a link provided. I will refer to this throughout winter.  Take care.

AREOPLANE TRACK (THE SOUTHERN END) HAS BEEN SEASONALLY CLOSED FOR YEARS. THE GATE TO THIS TRACK GETS CUT OPEN EVERY YEAR (NOT LEGALY) AND CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS TELLING ME THEY DRIVE IT WITH THE EXCUSE "THE GATE WAS OPEN". THIS MEANS NOTHING. ITS STILL CLOSED

Thanks Allan

am travelling to Mount Wellington/Millers hut this weekend then on to horse yard flat and billy goats bluff, have checked that site and all looks good 😉

thanks for the handy reference site

Cheers, Roger

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
27 May 2015

AREOPLANE TRACK (THE SOUTHERN END) HAS BEEN SEASONALLY CLOSED FOR YEARS. THE GATE TO THIS TRACK GETS CUT OPEN EVERY YEAR (NOT LEGALY) AND CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS TELLING ME THEY DRIVE IT WITH THE EXCUSE "THE GATE WAS OPEN". THIS MEANS NOTHING. ITS STILL CLOSED

To the best of my knowledge, Aeroplane has only been a seasonal closure for the last couple of years. Agree though Jared, there are some 4wders who trash gates, not just in Toolangi, but many other parts of the state. Then the same people whinge & whine when tracks get closed for good.

Unfortunately Parks & the other authorities can be a little slack with updates etc, but at least the link gives everyone plenty of info of what is closed over the winter months & really tthere is no excuse for driving closed tracks.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
27 May 2015

Thanks Allan

am travelling to Mount Wellington/Millers hut this weekend then on to horse yard flat and billy goats bluff, have checked that site and all looks good 😉

thanks for the handy reference site

Cheers, Roger

Roger, is a nice drive along Mt Wellington Track, nothing hard but very slow. Make sure you drive up to the Sentinals & climb out and look over Lake Tarli Karng.

Will do, was there about 8 years ago, keen to get back!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
27 May 2015

Thanx mate, as usual you are all over it. Will check the link through out the winter closure period.

IMO rangers and the police should hide on tracks like Aroplane which constantly have gates forsed open and hand out massive fines, A for being on closed tracks and B most flogs that do that will also have un road worthy rigs with over size tyres and massive lifts. So many think the 2 inch rules don't apply to them and they are the ones that do most of the track damage ( generalisation I know) and lead to pernament closures.