Tallarook "Take Two"

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2 3   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
17 May 2015

Just after 10am, we made our way along Horans Track and it wasnt long before we engaged 'low range'. We had 8 vehicles, Nissan drivers were Kelvin, Neil, Peter & Julius whille Toyota was represented by Gary & Tony with Matt in his Disco & myself in my Pajero.

Was unsure of track conditions after the week of rain, but most, whilst a little slippery in places, generally had good traction. 1st few tracks were done without any problems, then we diverted from the plan as some wanted to have a go at Phone Track. 4 made their way to the start whilst the others headed down from the top to enjoy the spectacle...smiley. There were a couple of cars in front that were struggling before they even got to the hard section, so decision was made to give it a miss as we didnt want to waste an hour or so waiting for them to get to the top. The rest of us drove back up to meet the others at the tower.

Julius

Matt

Waiting for the others

We then made our way along a few tracks that had a few interesting sections.

We then had a nice climb on our way to our 'lunch stop'.

Our 'lunch spot' was on a track that I call 'bog hole hell', but all of the big ones have bypass tracks, that most of us used. Gary was keen to have another go, as was Julius with mixed results...surprise

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
17 May 2015

Gary & Julius playing 'submarines'...wink

Julius then attempted another bog hole using a slightly different line....surprise

Peter winched him out then after lunch, we continued on towards Red Hill Tk. This track is now gated, so headed towards a couple of tracks that I hadnt done for many years. Unfortunately Peter & family had to head home & am sure he would have loved the last couple of tracks to finish off the day. Both these tracks took a little longer than expected as both were steep, rutted & rocky in places, not to mention a couple of interesting side angles. . frown  All vehicle undercarriages did some 'close bonding' with rocks as we headed further down this track.

A few of the cars coming down the 1st section.

The next section was very steep & rocky & eventually we made our way back to where we started the day to air up & head home. A very enjoyable day with great company & I hope all those who attended enjoyed our Tallarook trip.

Over the next day or so I hope to have some video footage posted.

Cheers.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
17 May 2015

Top pics Allan. Got back in time for dinner in time after the slight delays. Thanx all for a fun day out and hope all got home ok.

How is the sore back Garry?

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
17 May 2015

Once again a ripper trip report with great photo's, I wish I could have beem there waving the Jeep flag and keeping those diff locked Nissans honest.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
17 May 2015

Thanks for the trip report and running the trip. It was a great day out. I believe we didn't have time to explore the tracks you want to check it out. I believe there will be Tallarook - Part 3? Haha....

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
17 May 2015

Great report and photos Allan.  Great day. Enjoyable tracks and company.  Thanks for leading this trip.  Regards- Tony.

Julius
Julius (Mishka)
18 May 2015

Hi Allan

Thank you for the grouse and well organised trip on Saturday (Tallarook Take 2).

We thoroughly enjoyed the first experiences in the new car and everybody's company on the day.

Look forward to doing it all again soon.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Cheers JULIUS

P.S. The photos are great too! GO NISSAN!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
18 May 2015

Thanks for the trip report and running the trip. It was a great day out. I believe we didn't have time to explore the tracks you want to check it out. I believe there will be Tallarook - Part 3? Haha....

Well Kelvin, am thinking about heading up there again before all the track closures come into play as there are numerous closures in Tallarook.

Neil
Neil (love24wd)
18 May 2015

Hi Allan

Wow the pics are fantastic 

Thank you again allan for a well organised day out at tallarook Part 2 it is always nice to meet new people with simular interest

Allan Looking forward to part 3 ???? 

Garry how is your Back

Cheers Neil

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 May 2015

Once again a ripper trip report with great photo's, I wish I could have beem there waving the Jeep flag and keeping those diff locked Nissans honest.

Don't worry Allan I flew the anti Nissan flag and did it easy without lockers and the only car on AT's...

Built with bolts not chop sticks

No offence !!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
18 May 2015

I have put all of the pics I took in the trip report section that is attached to the initial trip for those who attended who may want to copy & paste, as far easier to upload. Am thinking of heading back there on Sat May 30th, but according to weatherzone, it looks as though it might be fairly wet. Will give it some thought over the next couple of days.

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
18 May 2015

Thanks for an awesome trip Allan, the family and I had a great day, spewing we had to leave when thing started to get interesting.
We look forward to tallarook part three ;-)
Cheers Pete, Mim & family.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
19 May 2015

I have put all of the pics I took in the trip report section that is attached to the initial trip for those who attended who may want to copy & paste, as far easier to upload. Am thinking of heading back there on Sat May 30th, but according......

Hi Allan.  The date of May 30th you mentioned is also the Explore Australia Expo' 'weekend at the Melbourne Showgounds.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
19 May 2015

Hi Allan.  The date of May 30th you mentioned is also the Explore Australia Expo' 'weekend at the Melbourne Showgounds.

Yes Tony, I noticed that Shannon has put up a trip there for the weekend. Checked out the website & would have gone for sure if Penny from Top of Downunder was going to be there, but as she is not this year...crying, I doubt that I will go. If I did go, it would be the Sunday as I believe it is the best day to pick up a bargin, but I suspect it will also be the busiest day as a result.

So if I do arrange a 'Tallarook Take 3" it will be on the 30th as the following weekend is the long weekend and I will be up at Tocumwal, so the 30th is the only available time for me before track closures come into play.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
20 May 2015

In the process of editing some video footage, so it should be up tomorrow.

1 2 3   Next