Snow are coming!..... Can't wait for a snow drive:)

Forum > General Discussion
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 May 2015

I've just saw the news about the snow forecast next week. It looks promising. 

Keep an eye out, there will be some last minute snow trip running soon. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/27691738/early-snow-bonanza-predicted-for-victoria/?Cmp=fb

Victoria's ski resorts are set for an early snow bonanza as a series of cold fronts buffet the state.

Up to one metre of snow is expected in alpine areas over the next week, with the heaviest falls expected on Sunday, as cold fronts deliver a wintry chill to southeastern Australia.

By Sunday, snow could fall in areas as low as 800m, blanketing Mount Donna Buang, Mount Macedon and some of the hills close to Melbourne.

Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Phil King says the chilly, showery weather expected in Victoria on Thursday will persist for the next week.

Mr King blamed it on an intense low-pressure system over Tasmania and cold fronts that are set to cross Victoria on Thursday and Saturday.

"A stronger front will arrive on the Sunday," he told AAP.

"There will be widespread showers and it will be cold enough for snow to get down to quite low levels."

Another front is due to arrive in Victoria late on Tuesday or early on Wednesday.

Mr King said the highest snow falls were expected over the weekend.

"It's a real burst of winter and we've got quite a few more fronts to move through until it's over," he said.

But those hoping for some snow play on Sunday should take care, with a chance of severe winds similar to those that battered parts of Victoria on Tuesday.

The ski season is officially launched on June 6.

Jason
Jason (Jasjul)
07 May 2015

I'll certainly be keeping an eye out.  I'm a shift worker, all hours and days, so if it the snow works for me work wise, I'll put up a short notice trip. 

Tambortiha Rd above Licola is a favourite of mine.

Gavin
Gavin (wooky)
08 May 2015

Cant wait, had a ball at Toolangi last year in the snow. 

I'll certainly be keeping an eye out.  I'm a shift worker, all hours and days, so if it the snow works for me work wise, I'll put up a short notice trip. 

Tambortiha Rd above Licola is a favourite of mine.

I agree with you mate. Tamboritha road is a great way to get up to snow. I would be keen to tag along!

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
08 May 2015

Cant wait, had a ball at Toolangi last year in the snow. 

Yea me too Gav..... snow driving is an amazing experience! ...... 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
13 May 2015

Snow finally arrived! ..... From Lake Mountain Cam

Damien
Damien (ZBO310)
07 Jul 2015

Got snow this weekend past Thompsons Dam at 1100mts

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
01 Aug 2015

Snow down to 1000m tonight.  I think the snow here.

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
01 Aug 2015

More Snow Yay ....... this was from a trip last weekend with nissanpatrol.com.au 

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
01 Aug 2015

What track and area was the photo taken from Colin ?

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
01 Aug 2015

What track and area was the photo taken from Colin ?

Just past Arbuckle Junctuon on Howitt rd not far from the car park before the gate