A Trip to Tallarook. May 2nd 2015.

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
08 May 2015

Why can't I see anything here but can see the first post when reply, still comes up blank if going in through the main forum board and the trip report only shows when hitting the direct link

Sorry, some glitches, I am working on it to fix it asap. 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
08 May 2015

A bit strange, couldn'see anything but after I posted a reply it went to the thread

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 May 2015

A bit strange, couldn'see anything but after I posted a reply it went to the thread

I sent a message to Kelvin and I think it is fixed now Matt....yes.

Sorry I didnt have any footage of the Disco this time Matt....wink

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 May 2015

Thanks Kelvin, but my main report is now gone, so will try again.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 May 2015

Well, 'take two' on main report.....yes.

Matt (Discomatt), Gary (poppyg), Col & Nicole & myself all met at Yarra Glen & headed off to meet Allan (BigPig) & Neil (love24wd) at the Strath Creek Pub. After introductions & drivers briefing, we made our way to Horans Track where we all 'aired down'.

After about a 10 minute drive along Horans Track, we arrived at our 1st track that had a short, steep, rocky section to get the day underway; well it did last time I was there. This track, along with many in the area as we were to find out, had been graded but it was still a nice little section. We then veered off the main track to a sidetrack that presented a few problems for both Gary & myself, (see video). I took the wrong line as well as not enough momentum & made it half way up. Backed down a little to try again, but was only successful at having massive wheelspin & going nowhere, Backed, actually slid, down then Allan headed up with much more 'right foot' & taking the correct line scrambled to the top. Gary had a couple of goes then gave it away, but Col decided to charge up with heaps of bouncing & us down the bottom were waiting for the 'big bang' which fortunately didnt eventuate. 4 of us made our way along the main track to catch up with Allan & Col, but this took alot longer than expected as Col had to winch another section & the track where we were meant to meet, no long existed. Eventually we all caught up at the start of Rocky Track & even though it had also been graded, was a nice drive as we made our way to the top of Phone Track.

This is a narly track, but Allan & Gary wanted to have a go, so they did a loop to the bottom & proceeded up with both Matt & Neil performing the 'spotters' duties whilst I did some filming. Both did a great job making it to the top....yes. We then made our way to the track that has numerous bogholes. 3 of the group have similar thoughts about bogholes; 'hate them with a passion', but Gary & Col thought differently & lined up ready to have a go. Gary required recovery, partly due to not putting the Troopy in 4wd...surprise, but it was doubtful that he would have got through anyway; am sure he will not agree...lol

It was then Col's turn trying to be a 'submarine'....surprise. Luckily he was able to reverse out, but did get a little muddy stinky water in the cabin

Col trying another boghole.

We then made our way to the reservoir via a few nice tracks. The 'crew'.

We then made our way to Warragul Rocks where we parked the cars & had a short walk to see down into the valley; magnificent views.

More to come.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 May 2015

We then started to make our way back, but for some reason or another, all the cars automatically turned onto Steep Track. Allan & Gary were 1st up and about half way up they stopped as the next section was 'interesting' to say the least. We all had a look at it & Allan went up 1st, but did have to have a couple of goes as there were some big rocks that needed to be negotiated.

Once past this section, he got to the top without any issues.

Was now Gary's turn & after a bit of 'wheel lifting', he also got past the difficult section.

Matt was also keen to head up & after a bit of 'track building' he also made it up unscathed.

Both Neil & Colin decided to try but after a few attempts, they were advised to give it a miss, as it was not worth damaging the vehicles, so I led them back down to meet up with the other guys.

Time was 'now matching on', so we drove one more track back to Horans Track, aired up & headed off home; some via the pub...laugh. Again, a great day & hopefully all enjoyed.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
08 May 2015

I did post this earlier today but it seems to have vanished but anyway,Well done Allan a great trip report with some great pics, not to worry about no video of the Disco as we can get that at the Tallarook take 2 trip.

Well done Kelvin for getting this trip report section up and sorting out the little bugs along the way, top work mate

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 May 2015

A couple more pics.

Discomatt

Big Pig

poppyg

Previous   1 2