Just wondering if there would be any interest from anyone to join me to do Blue rag. I have never actually done this track before but it is next on my checklist! I was hoping perhaps someone who had done it before would want to join me? Will be doing it over a weekend (can talk dates if there is interest).

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
07 Apr 2015

Hey Joel.

Yeah I'm keen to get the jeep out again. I have done Blue rag in the 80 series about 8 years ago. Check which tracks close and when, I remember having trouble getting there due to closed gates last time. Dan

Yea the tracks are closed Queens birthday weekend and re-open melbourne cup. Always been that way. How long did it take you to do the track? I am getting mixed reviews! lol

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
07 Apr 2015

Cant remember exact time and distances. But we camped at Talbotville the first night, then up south basalt knob track to blue rag, we only went to Trig point though. back onto high plains road, turned off before dargo and down into kingswell bridge area for the second night, wasn't a huge day.

I think the dargo to walhalla trip just completed this weekend did a similar thing, have a  read of the trip report when keef writes it up.  

Sounds good! Any weekend in particular not ok for you? Once we have a date i will post the trip

How does 24th, 25th & 27th of April sound?

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
07 Apr 2015

sounds good. I would only be able to do a one nighter. 

No worries. i will post the trip then! for the saturday/sunday