Good tracks near O'Tooles Flat camping ground

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Mar 2015

Does anyone know any good tracks near O'Tooles Flat camping ground? We are looking to explore the area but with little knowledge. Any suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Mar 2015

Plenty of great tracks close by to O'Tooles Kelvin. I spend alot of time up that way & never get bored driving the same tracks over & over again as they always change. A small list that you will enjoy,

Trig, Flats, Fultons, Steep, White Star, Army & of course the Deep Creek tracks. If you want more info, just yell out.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Mar 2015

Plenty of great tracks close by to O'Tooles Kelvin. I spend alot of time up that way & never get bored driving the same tracks over & over again as they always change. A small list that you will enjoy,

Trig, Flats, Fulton......

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your info. When you got time, do you mind tell me the details (e.g. Steep rocky, clay, deep rut) of each tracks you mentioned? 

• Trig Track
  • Flats Track
  • Fultons Creek Track
  • Steep Track
  • White Star Track
  • Army Track
  • I know Deep Creek 1 & 4. 

Thanks heaps mate! 

Kelvin

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Mar 2015

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your info. When you got time, do you mind tell me the details (e.g. Steep rocky, clay, deep rut) of each tracks you mentioned? 

• Trig Track
  • Flats Track
  • Fulton......

Kelvin, most of the tracks have everything you mentioned. Most are steep, rocky & shaley with a bit of clay as well, so some if not all are 'character building' in the wet.

Trig - steep with heaps of switchbacks every 50 mtrs. Nice track but all switchbacks are a pita.

Flats - steep with a few switchbacks, rocky in places with a great section near the top.

Fultons - probably my favourite as a bit of everything including river crossings.

Steep - as it names suggest

White Star & Army - probably the tamest ones, but still steep in places

Another great one is Toombon Tk.

Will go through some pics & video & post up for you.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Mar 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
25 Mar 2015

Flats trk. rocky and stepped section would be my favourite bit out of those tracks, will never forget the suzuki bouncing of its spare tyre while trying to get up the rock step, now that is caracture building

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Mar 2015

Flats trk. rocky and stepped section would be my favourite bit out of those tracks, will never forget the suzuki bouncing of its spare tyre while trying to get up the rock step, now that is caracture building

Yes, it was a bit 'character building' & we werent in the car Matt....surprise. As I said, great area & never get sick of it. Any other tracks you can suggest for Kelvin Matt?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
25 Mar 2015

Nothing jumps to mind but all the tracks around that area make for a good drive, flats is the only one I can think of that hasn't had the real challenge gradded out of it although deep creek 1 is starting to look good again

Any of the tracks soon become a challenge in a few spots after rain  but in the dry most are ok with the right line and there is always the hard line if more of a challenge is needed.

Hi Kelvin,

We did all these tracks a couple weeks ago. We did flat track from bottom to top. The holden Jackeroo did everything including Pheasants track and Sullivans track is a nice one aswell This one goes off the raod to Walhalla, steep bits goiing down follow the track straight forward at the inter sections and at the track up some rocky bits.

Regards Johan (jojo) 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Mar 2015

Thanks Al and Matt! .... you guys are awesome. I think we will know where to go from your information. That's exactly the place we would like to explore, with all the tracks ranging from easy to hard, and NO BOG HOLE!....sweet :) 

Frank (Troopie09)
25 Mar 2015

Fultons Track

Army Track

Burgoyne Track

Steve
Steve (tasl)
25 Mar 2015

Remember if it rains easy tracks can get harder.  and there is a few bog holes.  one in merringtons campground.  

We did most of the above mentioned track on our recent trip and would love to do them again.  My son was didappointed when we did trig track.  He looked up and had 4 cars above each other on the switchback, but by the time he grabbed the camera, they were gone,  would love to redo that track just to set up the shot for the picture.

Geoff (Pathmaker)
25 Mar 2015

I just worked out that your in Victoria..lol

Whats the weather like out there at the moment and the near future? I'll be in the area by May

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
25 Mar 2015

Kelvin ,I have camped at O'Tooles a few times and driven most of the tracks mentioned also S track is a good one,theres also the track that crosses the Thomson up near the dam wall , I think its Beadmore.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Mar 2015

Thank you all for the great info. Al, I think it will make trip planning a bit easier if you are familiar with all the tracks. 

1 2   Next