mickey thompson atz p3

Forum > Tech talk, questions

Mark (cruiser105)
09 Mar 2015

Hi everyone. Is anybody running these tyres and if so how are you finding them in all conditions

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
28 Mar 2015

Hi I have done about 5000 km on them so far seem to be great a lot more traction on the road a little noisy on the bitumen but it's only early days, done some off road with them not in mud yet, 

Mark (cruiser105)
28 Mar 2015

Hi I have done about 5000 km on them so far seem to be great a lot more traction on the road a little noisy on the bitumen but it's only early days, done some off road with them not in mud yet, 

Thanks Peter. I need a new set of tyres soon and have been looking at the mtz or atz by mickey thompson. I know what the mtz are like but I was thinking the atz will last longer but I have no info what thier like. they certianly lookmore aggressive than any other all terrian so I think they would perform well in mud but also be good in general 4wding/touring and on road. if you hit the mud can you let me know how they went and what you think of them. It would be much appreciated as it is a big expenditure as you know.

Cheers

Mark

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
03 Apr 2015

Will do mate going up to walhalla weekend of 10th walhalla gunna see if I can find some mud to play in 

Mark (cruiser105)
07 Apr 2015

Thanks Peter, I will be very interested in your opinion of them as I am getting close to having to make a decision whether I go the new BFG all terrains again or try the Mickey T's

Cheers

Mark

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
13 Apr 2015

Took them out for a decent run this weekend just gone very impressed, done some mud and a lot of hill climbing done deep creek 1,2,4 & 5 tracks near walhalla they were awesome excellent grip, never got stuck ran 18 psi in them 

Mark (cruiser105)
13 Apr 2015

Took them out for a decent run this weekend just gone very impressed, done some mud and a lot of hill climbing done deep creek 1,2,4 & 5 tracks near walhalla they were awesome excellent grip, never got stuck ran 18 psi in them 

Thanks for the info on them Peter. I think I will go with them. Have you heard anybody comment on their longevity at all. I thought they would perform well in all those situations.

Cheers

Mark

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
17 Apr 2015

Haven't heard anything about how long they would last see how it goes lol probably depends on how u treat them like all others 

Mark (cruiser105)
20 Apr 2015

Haven't heard anything about how long they would last see how it goes lol probably depends on how u treat them like all others 

Ok thanks Peter for your help. I have ordered a set and will see how they go.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
20 Apr 2015

Mickey Thompson Atz p3 is a great tyre..highly recommended. 

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
08 May 2015

I recently got to test them out on deep creek tracks 1,2,4 & 5 they were awesome in mud, rock, water steep country great addition to my setup 

Mark (cruiser105)
08 May 2015

I recently got to test them out on deep creek tracks 1,2,4 & 5 they were awesome in mud, rock, water steep country great addition to my setup 

Hi Peter, I did get them fitted to my Landcruiser.We headed up to Pineapple Flat last weekend and did Craigs Hut, Monument Track, Black Landing track, and all of King basin road from Circuit rd through past king hut and back to the circuit rd again.It was mostly dry and not alot of mud but the tyres handled everything we came across with no problems. I have had reduction gears fitted this week so will be going to Wombat State Forest this weekend to try it out as well as the tyres.

cheers

Mark

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
02 Jul 2015

Hi Peter, I did get them fitted to my Landcruiser.We headed up to Pineapple Flat last weekend and did Craigs Hut, Monument Track, Black Landing track, and all of King basin road from Circuit rd through past king hut and back to the circuit rd a......

Yea I've had similar experience with them did some tracks out the back of glengarry no issues at all just gotta get one of these fly by wire things for my accelerator pedal so I can get more power down early