Fraser island and Moreton island

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Shaun
Shaun (SR5Hilux4x4)
26 Feb 2015

Hi everyone,

After some ideas and see if anyone is also interested in a combined Fraser island and Moreton island trip around Christmas and New Years 2015. I will be travelling up from the Hunter Valley NSW probably just after christmas.  Ive been to Fraser before and keen on doing it again but some more fishing than site seeing this time. First timers and families are welcome to join along though as everyone can split off during the day and do their own thing if they like. Havent been to Moreton island before but always been interested to have a look so any comments about it would be great :)

Hi,

I'm interested, I will always find time for Fraser, never done Moreton and would love to do it.

Cheers 

Chris

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
26 Feb 2015

I have been to Fraser twice and love the place, first trip rented a house second trip stayed at cathederal caravan park, both were good value and each with there benifets, next time we will camp behind the sand dunes somewhere along the beach up toward sandy cape away from the crowds. Best advice I can give is don't go during peak times or public / school holidays as the place is way to busy, mid year is best for fishing during the taylor season.

Shaun
Shaun (SR5Hilux4x4)
26 Feb 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Shaun
Shaun (SR5Hilux4x4)
26 Feb 2015

Hi,

I'm interested, I will always find time for Fraser, never done Moreton and would love to do it.

Cheers 

Chris

Great :) will keep you posted through here and i will also post a trip to the site later in the year when i have abit of a plan. Not sure where i will be working or what will be going on so i cant set anything in stone until later in the year. 

Shaun
Shaun (SR5Hilux4x4)
26 Feb 2015

I have been to Fraser twice and love the place, first trip rented a house second trip stayed at cathederal caravan park, both were good value and each with there benifets, next time we will camp behind the sand dunes somewhere along the beach u......

Thanks, yeah last time i went was for new years and we managed to get a good spot up at sandy cape and it was really good up there. 

Lindsay (wackyraces)
26 Feb 2015

Yes definitely interested

Hi Guys

Yes, we are interested.  We have just been to Moreton Bay this January just gone and loved it.  We have been thinking of doing a Frazer Island trip, so combining the two would be great, as we are keen to head back to Moreton.  It was fantastic,but best from about 5 January onwards.  Prior to that, the island is packed.  We went for 5 nights from 5/1 and had ample camp sites to choose from.  Please keep us posted.

Shaun
Shaun (SR5Hilux4x4)
27 Feb 2015

Hi Guys

Yes, we are interested.  We have just been to Moreton Bay this January just gone and loved it.  We have been thinking of doing a Frazer Island trip, so combining the two would be great, as we are keen to h......

Great :) thanks for the advice and feedback on moreton. Glad to see some people showing some interest as well.

It's on our bucket list too! Will keep an eye on this trip!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Mar 2015

Have done Fraser twice before and love the place and would be keen to do it again although with the cyclone that just went through QLD I would be waiting 12 months to let the island repair a little as beaches will be badly erroded and a lot of the inland tracks will need clearing, big storms rip Fraser to bits and you really want to be able to access the whole island.