Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
21 Feb 2015

Polaris Innovations awning for sale.

2m across the car x 2.5m out.  15oz dynaproofed canvas with all alluminium poles and frame. Excellent quality awning.

100% waterproof and uv. Brand new carry bag.   500mm led light connected to the main frame.

Fitting can be moved to suit any roofrack left or right hand side. (currently fitted to arb roofrack)

excellent condition.

$200

Hi can you please show the attachment to the roof rack please - to gauge if it will attach effectively to mine.

thanks.

FoodisGood

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

G'day mate

i will take a couple of photos when I get home of how I had it mounted to my rack. The mountings can be easily modified to suit any roof rack.

thanks

Graeme

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

What type of roof rack do you have?

What type of roof rack do you have?

Hi Graeme

The roof rack has no identifying markings. There are 2 curved (to match slight roof curvature) bars going across the vehicle - securing into tracks running either side of the roof. So a no name VW brand ?

If not using it for the VW - it tows a camper trailer with three 3cm square (cross section) straight metal racks going across the roof - supporting a roof top tent.

Thanks

malcolm

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

G'day Malcolm

What area are you from. Maybe you want to have a look at it and we can work out if we can fit it to your rack or camper. I'm sure it can be modified to fit your set up quite easily.

thanks

Graeme

G'day Malcolm

What area are you from. Maybe you want to have a look at it and we can work out if we can fit it to your rack or camper. I'm sure it can be modified to fit your set up quite easily.

thanks

Graeme

Hobart - slight issue of Bass Strait 

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

That's a bit far to have a look. I'll take some photos of it for you tomorrow to show the mounting I used. It basically has 4 bolts and a plate that clamp around the uprights of the rack. You can drill holes anywhere in the main frame to move the bolts to any position that suits. If you don't use the plate set up an "L" bracket can be attached to the awning and it can be bolted to a rack or roof bars through it. 

Thanks

Graeme

That's a bit far to have a look. I'll take some photos of it for you tomorrow to show the mounting I used. It basically has 4 bolts and a plate that clamp around the uprights of the rack. You can drill holes anywhere in the main frame t......

Thanks Graeme

Sounds like the camper trailer roof rack will be fine - and it may secure semi-permanently.

cheers malcolm

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

No worries mate. Like I said I'll take some photos after work tomorrow and you can have a look. 

If you were interested how would I get it to you in Tassie.

No worries mate. Like I said I'll take some photos after work tomorrow and you can have a look. 

If you were interested how would I get it to you in Tassie.

Slow post - or - a Brother in Law works in Clayton if that's not too far away for you - or him.

Depends on total cost relative to getting same locally. Main issue is suitability of attachment & build / material quality.

Everything is feasable.

cheers malcolm

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
09 Mar 2015

Clayton isn't too far from me. 1/2 hour away.

you won't have any problems with the quality of the awning. It's a heavy duty canvas type ( not like the cheap ones flooding the market these days)

It's fully waterproof and u.v. all poles and fittings are from supa-peg in Queensland. It's an australian made product made with quality parts. 

Im only selling due to the fact I just upgraded to a large wing awning on my truck. 

Thanks

Graeme

Clayton isn't too far from me. 1/2 hour away.

you won't have any problems with the quality of the awning. It's a heavy duty canvas type ( not like the cheap ones flooding the market these days)

It's fully w......

Sounds good Graeme.

Please still send photos as it may be stored in Melbourne until I get over there late autumn.

cheers malcolm

Graeme
Graeme (100Cruiser)
11 Mar 2015

Sounds good Graeme.

Please still send photos as it may be stored in Melbourne until I get over there late autumn.

cheers malcolm

G'day Malcolm

I've got a couple of photos for you but can't work out how to attach them to this page. I don't know how to get them to you!!

Graeme