Trip cancelled

Forum > Feature Suggestions
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Feb 2015

I have had interest in several trips now that have been cancelled for one reason or another, such is life BUT this last cancell to be onest has got my goat up to sat the least.

No prior discussion, no email nothing on the forum at all as to why, if others want to cancell or anything regarding a different date. The trip, Ellis trk, has just totally disapeared so we can't even discuss whats going on.

Even worse than the total lack of respect of others opinion or thorts the trip was canned ,from what I was told, due to it being to wet ??? WTF it hasn't rained since last saturday and the forcast is for warm dry weekend not another down pour between now and then so the track will be bone dry as its a rock base not a track known for bog holes.

Sorry to rant but I think the whole cancell thing needs some looking at and a few changes.

Some other opinions on this would be great.

Cheers Matt

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 Feb 2015

Matt,

Yes, I posted the trip and have decided to cancel the trip due to many safety concerns. This is also a trip organised in conjuction with another club, so it's not just about us. As you mentioned in the discussion, this is a hard track. I have seen some photos of the tracks from someone who went there yesterday to recon. If you see the photos, you will shit your pant.

I don't think it's safe for me to lead a group to the track. I have specified that I have never been to the track, and to drive it at night in wet, ....... sorry, not this time. 

I prefer to piss off someone now rather than damaging their trucks or even cause injuries. I am responsible for the trip, so I have made a decision to call it off, even it's a hard decision. 

I believe you DID NOT click "I am interested" or "Join the trip" thus you didn't get any notification. I have posted on the discussion, PM each one of them coming to the trip and also sent facebook PM. I didn't contact you as you were not in the trip. 

No matter who organise the trip, there is always chance that someone will call it off for any reasons, and that's the fact. Of course I don't want to see a trip being cancelled but being a mature 4wder, I know what decision I would make even it's a decision that someone would see it being irresponsible. 

I cancelled this trip this morning and the trip was supposed to be on Friday night. So it should have given everyone plenty of time. 

All those tracks are public road, anyone can go there and drive them. 

If you have better suggestion, feel free to call me and talk to me. 

I hope you understand where I am coming from. If you were me, you would probably make the same decision to call it off. 

Kelvin

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 Feb 2015

If you want to see the trip that I have cancelled, you can view the trip below

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=147

TRIP CANCELLED

Unfortunately I will have to call off this trip due to safety reason. It has been raining in the area, with the rain, Ellis track will be extremely difficult to drive. I would prefer to organise another day trip to Ellis when the weather is better. Sorry about that and hope you understand.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 Feb 2015

Wed
Feb 18
Thu
Feb 19

drizzle
Drizzle
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Feb 2015

Ok Kelvin fair enough, I have never seen Ellis and was lead to believe it was more rock than clay, obviously wrong after seeing a couple of videos and the photos that were on the origional trip thread. I agree it would be pretty ugly in anything other than a comp truck if at all wet.

Maybe there could be some changes made so that if a trip is cancelled it doesn't just disappear of the site, it would be much better if in this situation I could have seen your cancelled post, the video of Barry and Peter and the photos so as to get a better feel for what we would be up against.

I wasn't on the list because I had organised to go in another rig which also can cause issue if/when trips get cancelled and the post vanishes and just a email/pm is sent out.

Not at all having a go at you for cancelling just think the process and end result needs to be modified a little, for example if the origional post was still up we would have somewhere to discuss other dates ect. and everone could see the vid and pics for future referance

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Feb 2015

Just wondering if I am missing something, go to trips and the Ellis trip has gone but here it still is with Kelvins link he put up for me to see... confused it should still be on the open forum somewhere....

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 Feb 2015

Just wondering if I am missing something, go to trips and the Ellis trip has gone but here it still is with Kelvins link he put up for me to see... confused it should still be on the open forum somewhere....

No worries. All good mate. No hard feeling. 

I see what you mean. Thanks for your suggestions. I will do that, to keep the cancelled trip instead of hiding it. Once a trip has been cancelled it's hidden. However, you can still access to the trip page using the link directly. 

Hi guys, 

i understand the disappointment but i feel that further discussion about a cancelled trip should be done in the forum...keep the trip page for trips is my opinion. if you want to be updated about trips.....click the " Interest " button, it does not commit you to anything. Just my two cents....

Mien

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
19 Feb 2015

Can totally understand where Matt is coming from & Kelvin has taken it 'onboard' & is making the changes to the forum as required. Personally, I think Mein as made a very good suggestion in putting any cancellations etc on the forum rather than in the 'trip section'.

I would go as far as to open a new section in the forum under the heading of 'Postponed/Cancelled Trips'. Here the person who arranged the trip can give reasons etc & it will show up as a new post that all can see.

Also, I think Kelvin has made the right decision in cancelling the Ellis Track trip. Not sure who else got some heavy rain last night, but if there was some in Warby, Ellis Track will 'test your sense of humour', ley alone damage to your 4by. For any 1st timers, I think a day run is the smarter move to at least to be able to see what is ahead of you as I know a guy who has done this track a few times & ALWAYS either gets panel damage or breaks something. Is a track I have no interest in doing as I like my 4wd too much....wink

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
20 Feb 2015

Good call Allan, a section in the forum for cancelled / postponed trips is a great idea, keep it out of the active trip section but still available for discussion

Come on mate, I have seen the mighty Paj on some pretty nasty tracks, with some carefull driveing it would get through unscathed, some people are just to hasty and rough with their 4bys. Will let you know what its like, having a sneaky look....