New Member Intro

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
19 Feb 2015

WOW Stan that is 1 hell of a nasty list, are these common issues or did you just get a really bad 1?? No wonder you think they are a POS!!!

How long have you had it and did you buy it new?? I would be asking/ demanding a full refund from ford if bought new and seeing ACA about doing a special on lemons.

Even the dreaded Land Rover doesn't have that many faults with their new cars.

WOW Stan that is 1 hell of a nasty list, are these common issues or did you just get a really bad 1?? No wonder you think they are a POS!!!

How long have you had it and did you buy it new?? I would be asking/ demanding a full refund ......

Yes mathew it is nasty bought it new 2012 19,000 Ks it started falling up. It seems to be the luck of the draw when buying one some "aparently" have no trouble others have trouble. Transmiisions , Engines, Turbos, Brakes, Air con, Clutch, What can I say those I talk to have had similar trouble as I have. I have a decal across the windsreen that promotes conversation. I have threatened service managers and incompetent parts changers and even threatened to drive it through the PA door into their show room packed with farming material. 

During numerous ocasions when I have had to speak to customer relations in melbourne one of the nice ladies said and I quote they are characteristics  of the vehicle and you need to adapt. But your write I should talk to ACA or some one. If i get one more straw on this old camels back I might just go belistic. I even tried a trade on another one just out curiosity I was going to loose $28,000 and all they offered was a 2013 model they could not unload. The new transmission had oil leaks and it felt like they left one of their chinese parts fitters inside with a hammer to knock it into gear. 

I hope to do the Simpson with some of the members this year but now I'v spilled my guts they might not let me tag along.

Safe travels Mathew MIGHT see you on a track some day.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
20 Feb 2015

I know your pain mate, I had a very simular experience with a Holden Rodeo, ended up threatening the srevice manager and sales manager and dealer principal, was a bit surprised I never ended up in court over it, the car was never right and it went back to the dealer to many times to remember. I ended up selling it privatly as soon as the warrenty ran out. Felt bad for the poor sucker who bought it but what is a fellow surposed to do. Ended up loosing 20k in 3 years, never again will I buy a new car

Hi Crap4wd.   Try getting onto the new ranger.net forum.  Just google it and follow the links. It sounds to me like you have some sort of electrical spike or glitch messing with your computer, but I've never heard of anyone with that many issues.   Mines only 8 or 9 months old, but not a drama.   Anyway on the forum you will find there are a few ford mechanics and techs ( incognito of course) but you can tell from their comments that they know what they are talking about.   Hopefully someone will be able to point you towards a solution.   Cheers boots (proud) ranger.

Previous   1 2