4WD mechanic recommendation

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Nick
Nick (Bagoo76)
07 Jul 2021

Looking for a reputable 4wd mechanic located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Have been using 4Wd central in Chelthenham however they've become too popular and booked out 6 weeks ahead...
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Nic

Ash
Ash (ashw126)
08 Jul 2021

Not eastern suburbs and not specifically 4x4 so may not be what you want but I reckon Valiance in South Melbourne are great. They're the only mechanic I'll take my Patrol to if it needs something I can't do myself. No bullshit, honest mechanics who do a great job.

Daniel
Daniel (dbarrah43)
08 Jul 2021

Hey Nic,

I've used both Outback 4WD (Bayswater) and Can Do 4x4 (Lilydale) and have been very happy with their service.

Cheers,
Dan

Colin
Colin (Colin)
08 Jul 2021

4x4Offroadclinic in Hallam is my recommendation always gone above and beyond to help.

Timm
Timm (Timmy2)
08 Jul 2021

Stay away from smithies outback gear in pakenham. I paid them 5k to do a lovells gvm upgrade to my dmax, they did the dodgiest install possible.

Rod (97_Pajero)
08 Jul 2021

I used “Can Do 4x4” in Lilydale to get a lift and suspension setup done, and a full service not long after that. They were great. Not sure what wait times are like these days though.

Sean
Sean (Skersh)
08 Jul 2021

Hi Nic, give outback accessories a go. They are based in Seaford.

I just had work done by the 4wd workshop in seaford nice guys would recommend them

Marcel
Marcel (Trail Ape)
08 Jul 2021

Hey Nic, a few of the guys at work have used 101 Automotive on Warragul rd in Moorabbin. Not far from 4wd Center.

Phil
Phil (PT75)
08 Jul 2021

Hi mate. There is a mob called ATOC in Belgrave South. Can’t remember exact details but if you google, you’ll find his details. Good luck

Chriso
Chriso (DWWood)
08 Jul 2021

Bayswater Fleet Maintenance. They look after our company vehicles but do a lot of work on 4WD's re: suspension etc. Quite a few custom rigs in there every time I go in there,

Bob (bobw)
08 Jul 2021

Pride Automotive, 68 Bald Hill Road, Pakenham. 5941 5510. Used them for years until i moved to Geelong. Very good mechanics and they are 4wd'ers.

Phil
Phil (PT75)
08 Jul 2021

While on the subject does anyone know if any of the recommendations are great with Mitsubishi’s? 2.5 ltr? Cheers

Gerry (Hilux2002)
08 Jul 2021

Opposite Lock on Ferntree Gully Road Boronia are terrific I have a 2002 Hilux.

Christo
Christo (Lotriet)
08 Jul 2021

4wd shed did a great job fixing my rear brakes…..speak to Matt his good…..they are in Bayswater……..
They do really good 4wd upgrades too and are really knowledgeable

1 2   Next