cheap mud tyres.

Forum > General Discussion

Hey guys,
There's a mob on eBay called huntsman products that do cheap mud tyres and rims.
Delivery around Melbourne was only 55 dollars and I brought 4 black steel rims and 4 federal 33 inch mud tyres.
They come fitted and balanced.
I paid 1200 all up including postage.

However I don't rate the federals at all (I know they're cheap brand, but hey I'm a first year apprentice)
I've been out a couple of times in mud, no worries
But even with tyre pressures down, the Rocks and sticks have killed them, I've got chunks missing and punctures like there's no tomorrow.
And I haven't been that serious off Road.

Please if anyone can tell me of a reasonable priced, half decent brand of tyres are?
That would be good.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
31 Jan 2015

Please if anyone can tell me of a reasonable priced, half decent brand of tyres are?
That would be good.

Well i use the Maxxis 764's & i give the heaps & the only marks/scrapes i have are from where i have pushed my guards in & have rubed on the tyre.

I paid $220 each.

Well i use the Maxxis 764's & i give the heaps & the only marks/scrapes i have are from where i have pushed my guards in & have rubed on the tyre.

I paid $220 each.

where did you get them from mate?

i got quoted 360 each for maxxis bighorns...

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
31 Jan 2015

JAX in Well rd Seaford just down from the Kannanook railway station.

Mine are 30x9.5x15's

but i was looking @ the Maxxis 980's for the wife's & there were only $235 each & the were 285x75x16's

David
David (Golddigger)
03 Feb 2015

I brought a second set of landcruiser wheels from wreckers with maxxis bighorns around 60%-80% tread for $600. Very happy with them so far. Not for sale just my recommendation for cheaper than new.