Overnighter in Pyrenees ranges.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Luke
Luke (bushstig)
29 Jan 2015

Hi guys, I am interested in doing a trip to the Pyrenees ranges but have never been there before. Saw some clips on YouTube of a previous trip with Kelvin & Al, and keen as to go up there soon. If anyone can suggest some good tracks to do medium to hard would be great. Maybe a good campsite if any as I'm looking to camp Sat night & drive tracks Sunday then home that night

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
29 Jan 2015

I'd be up for it. Let me know when you're putting it up so I don't miss out. 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
29 Jan 2015

I would be up for that, never been there either, I am away camping for a week then have 2 weekends booked for work so for me would need to be end of feb start of march if that works

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
29 Jan 2015

I rekon a friday arvo drive to camp site then Sat explore and a leisurley Sunday brekkie b4 heading home is the go....long way from Melbourne.....but keen to know when.....never been there 4Wding but stayed at Blue Pyrennes Winery ( Mt Avoca ) ....a lovely area.

When are you planning the trip.

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
29 Jan 2015

At this stage I'm thinking 21st Feb- 22nd Feb or 21st March- 22nd March or 28th March- 29th March. I work every Saturday until 1pm then head up after that , arriving at camp about 4, 5 o'clock. I would love the luxury of having weekend's off, but I'm sorry I don't.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
29 Jan 2015

I am very keen to go back. We haven't explored much last time, but we found a few good hill climbs that wwould get your heart pounding......need lockers or very good suspension to get up that hill........ 

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
29 Jan 2015

Bloody work...I;m hearing you...and understand....we are off to Coffin Bay in the school hols in April.........so March is a chance for me....

H

Is there away around " locker needing hills"? We would like to join but only  if it's feasable for our  "no lockers" Pathy.

Simon
Simon (PovPack80)
29 Jan 2015

camp at the Glenpatrick camp ground, tracks to explore include Old Bluff Track, Old tiger cat track, slate mine track, the track to the summit of Mt Warrenmang, Frasers track, and there a couple of great unmarked tracks in the area too, the tracks mentioned are locked/raised suspension/ winch tracks.

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
29 Jan 2015

camp at the Glenpatrick camp ground, tracks to explore include Old Bluff Track, Old tiger cat track, slate mine track, the track to the summit of Mt Warrenmang, Frasers track, and there a couple of great unmarked tracks in the area too, the tra......

Thanks Simon for all the info I appreciate it. Off to the map shop tomorrow.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
29 Jan 2015

Ive been out there twice but its been maybe 3 yrs now. Sailors falls (?) was a good camp with drop dunny, also there is a hut up there somewhere I want to go find. Old bluff as said is the most known but there's alot not mapped out there. Have done a few creek runs that like to knock the sliders around. Was thinking of getting back up there soon sometime so if you run a trip Id be interested.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
29 Jan 2015

Is there away around " locker needing hills"? We would like to join but only  if it's feasable for our  "no lockers" Pathy.

Yes Mien....Pyreness Ranges are small forest...there are tracks around most of all the hard tracks.... we only tries hard tracks at the end in our last trip

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
29 Jan 2015

Na your looking at it the wrong way!!?? What you should be saying is "it's time to get lockers, front or rear first or just bit the bullet and get both done at once"

You would be amazed at the differance in your car, although I am not speaking from experiance because I don't have them either

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
29 Jan 2015

Im in if it is those March dates.  Have been wanting to go there.  

Kind Regards Tony.

Simon
Simon (PovPack80)
29 Jan 2015

I used vic map paper map of the area, The Glenpatrick Campground is a hidden wonder, a large covered in area with fire place and flushing septic toilets, with plenty of grass to pitch a tent or 50.  a local gent looks after the the campsite (there is even handsoap in the toilets!) there was a donation tin in the undercover area and if you stay there I would encourage you to kick in. 

1 2   Next