bunyip state forest

Forum > General Discussion
Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
21 Jan 2015

Hey guys my names chris and im new to 4wdtrip just a quick question im thinking of going to bunyip to do some tracks but not sure on good medium/ hard i have lift and 35s and winch so does my mate who goes with me any ideas thanks chris

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
21 Jan 2015

Hi Chris, there's a trip going this w/e up to bunyip on Sunday the guys can show you around.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
22 Jan 2015

Yer i know but im buzy this sunday due to work but was gonna try and go during the week sometime

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
22 Jan 2015

Ok Andersons tk,little bunyip tk,nash ck loop tk,westerns tk,gentle Annie tk,tea tree tk,robertsons ck tk,bullock link tk.All tk's are med/hard depends on weather. Last time I drove bullock link I couldn't get past the bog hole. Hope this helps.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
22 Jan 2015

Ok Andersons tk,little bunyip tk,nash ck loop tk,westerns tk,gentle Annie tk,tea tree tk,robertsons ck tk,bullock link tk.All tk's are med/hard depends on weather. Last time I drove bullock link I couldn't get past the bog hole. Hope this helps.

Yeah that track has that problom......

Like Luke said all those tracks are good depending on the weather they can be real easy or a night mare. 

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
22 Jan 2015

sweet as ill look them up and check them out thanks alot for that guys 

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
22 Jan 2015

sweet as ill look them up and check them out thanks alot for that guys 

Hi Chris

Here is a link to parks vics page for the 4wd & Motor bike riding tracks, 

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/621255/Map-Bunyip-State-Park-4WD.pdf

Hope this helps.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
23 Jan 2015

thanks for the map it shows a good range of tracks to try can you get more maps like that online at that parksweb address

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
23 Jan 2015

thanks for the map it shows a good range of tracks to try can you get more maps like that online at that parksweb address

There is others there but the one i sent you is more of what we want/need, Here is a link to the park vic page for Bunyip State park scoll down the page to find the maps.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/bunyip-state-park

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
26 Jan 2015

Hey guys just thought id let you know that we went for a play in bunyip today and went on the tracks you mentioned and we had a absolute ball my favorite one was bullock link track the rock steps were really fun but technical as I've never done that before and as for the big bog hole on same track i made it 3/4 of the way on the left side but just need a little help from the winch thanks a lot for the recommendation of the tracks

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
26 Jan 2015

Hey guys just thought id let you know that we went for a play in bunyip today and went on the tracks you mentioned and we had a absolute ball my favorite one was bullock link track the rock steps were really fun but technical as I've never done that ......

Hi Chris

Which way did you go up or down as in did you come from Forrest or from Robertson Creek?

We did it yesterday going down as in we came from Robertsons & had a ball with about 6.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
26 Jan 2015

We came off forset rd up it we had fun building the road to get up the rock face we had a audience of 4 guys and girls on there motorbikes watching as we tackled the track and then also at the bog hole we had 2 more did any of the 6 cars get any panel damage and we also did andersons and little bunyip tracks and a track just of the the right folling the powerlines at the end of little bunyip which had 3 good size bog holes that we got stuck and the front wheels lifted so it was a good day id say

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
26 Jan 2015

Well i know that i have a few new pinstrips & had to put some paint on my bullbar & sliders as well as got o new dent in my rear right wheel arch i thind there was a few scraped mirrors, As for lifting wheels take a look @ our trip from yesterday i think my rear left was about four foot of the ground. One of the front wheels is rearly on the ground well more to the point i quite often lift o e wheel on just about ever track at some stage LOL..