Looking for a 4x4 buddy

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2

Hi Johnny, good of you to reach out mate and well done on the video, great first attempt. Likewise, i'm the only 4WD owner among my mates and was keen to find others to hit the tracks with - whilst a member of 4WDtrip, I also joined the Pajero Club and they've been great - very inclusive (open to all makes of 4WD), family friendly (i have 3 ankle biters ) and they have a monthly meeting which provides an opportunity to catch up. Once out of COVID, looking forward to the camping and 4WD recommencing and we're also aiming to tackle Cape York next year! Feel free to get in touch.
Cheers,
Dan

Keith
Keith (Urbanstar)
18 Aug 2020

Hey Johnny,
Your video was great, very interesting and full of information. Would be great to head out once lockdown is over for sure! I second Kelvin (TREXGQ)'s comment - if you are interested in arranging a trip, let us know it would be great to meet you and I am sure you will have a few people along. Cheers, Keith

Wiggy
Wiggy (Wiggy)
19 Aug 2020

Gday John,

If you're into historical goldmining stuff, come for a look out here in Gippsland. I get out in the 4WD whenever I can looking around old mining and township sites around the Gippsland side of the High Country. Like a few others have said, I'm looking to do the Simpson in Aug 2021 where endless miles of sand will be a culture shock after years of punting around on the rocks and steep tracks of the High Country.
Wiggy

()
20 Aug 2020

Hi Johnny,
Great video, very well done. I like the focus on the natural environment and respect of the aboriginal influence that has been here over thousands of years. I'm in Melbourne and once we can travel looking at exploring the Gariwerd area as well as over to the SA border. Who knows when interstate borders will be open but I'm keen to check out driving from Mildura to Cameron Corner and on to Birdsville etc. Ive got an MU-X and tow a Mars Spirit 2 Pac camper trailer.

Keep up the videos, great work!!

Cheers

Wayne

Robyn
Robyn (Nanopa)
20 Aug 2020

Hi there Johnny
We are a retired couple from Rochester (up from Bendigo) we have been 4x4 drivers for quite awhile. Last year ticked off the bucket list Cape York, but want to travel up there again within the next two years. This year we were supposed to be in the Kimberley's travelling the Gibb River Road, there is always another year. Would love for you to come on trips with us & to keep in contact. Look forward to hearing from you. Drew & Robyn.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
21 Aug 2020

Great video , thanks for sharing it.
There are heaps of great trips and people on this site so once this Covid crap is over keep an eye out for any trips your interested in or post your own.
Given your interests I suggest a trip to Mungo Lake, Arkaroola and if doing a long trip anywhere through Kakado and the Kimberly will be well worth a visit with amazing rock art and Indigenous history .
I also have a couple of Disco's, one Disco 1 which is my toy for harder 4wding and a Disco 4 kitted out for touring.
Welcome to the forum and see you on a trip one day

Hi Johnny,

We are also from Melbourne. We have 3 boys same age as yours.
My husband Richie also likes photography
We are also beginners with 4wdriving and would like to find some friends to go with.

Darlene and Richie

Previous   1 2