Looking for a 4x4 buddy

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Hi guys

I'm Johnny. I know this site seeks to join like-minded 4wd enthusiasts and that's great because I don't know anyone else who owns a 4wd. That said I was wondering whether people would like to connect to talk about 4wd driving and touring and even go on 4wd trips on a semi-regular basis?

I'm 47 have two kids aged 12 and 8 and live in Melbourne. I enjoy wheeling the high country but am equally at home touring throughout Western NSW. Sometimes I take my 12 year old son with me. While I do have kids I'm able to get away at least once a month for over nighters and a couple of times a year for a week or so touring. I do a lot of photography and filming when I am away. I'm an archaeologist and enjoy visiting historical sites while I'm 4wdriving. I'm right into learning more and more about overlanding and have the Simpson Desert and the Cape on my bucket list inside the next two years (if we ever get out of lockdown) This is something I did last year in the Grampians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7bKsJ2YAg
I look like a bit of a dick in this but I was a bit nervous as it was my first filming attempt. I'm a bit loose (enjoy a beer), campfire and fishing as well and have a sense of humour. I have a modified Land Rover with 32s, winch etc. so, yeah, I have a sense of humour.

If you're keen to hook up and start chatting about 4wd don't be a stranger and send me a message. Thanks for reading. Cheers, Johnny.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
17 Aug 2020

Hi Jono, great to see you here. Feel free to connect to me and our members. This is the reason I help launch this site, to help 4wders to connect and go 4wding together. If you have any trips in mind, feel free to post a trip, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to run a trip. You can start with a few easy touring trips first, so get to know a few good 4wders. If you have any questions, please reach out to myself, I am here to help.

Shaun
Shaun (Shlgo_Amarok)
17 Aug 2020

Hi johnny my name shaun you video was great to watch and you did a great job for your 1st one when we get out off this lock up would love to have a beer or CC with you around a camp fire

Richard
Richard (rtexplora)
17 Aug 2020

G'day Johnny, great video mate. Happy to catch up for a beer and a chat and do a few trips when restrictions are lifted. I'm looking at the cape in the next year or two and will need a few travel buddies. Also did the Simpson a couple of years ago so happy to pass on what I learnt from that trip. Anyway keep safe and look forward to catching up in the future. Cheers mate.

Nigel
Nigel (Nigel)
17 Aug 2020

Hi Johnny, sure would be good to catch up with fellow members. I just swapped out my Ranger for a new drive so keen to hit the tracks soonish. We also have a daughter up in Cairns so thinking of going on a big drive to the Tip of Aust. Where are you located?

Peter
Peter (Uberdisco3)
17 Aug 2020

Fellow D3 owner here too. Happy to wheel with you any time mate. I live out west way and you have a good looking Rig too :0 Peter. Fraser island & Glass house this year maybe And The Cape soon

Phil
Phil (PyreneesPhil)
17 Aug 2020

Hiya Johnny, I’m sure you will fit in well here... 4wdriving, camping, exploring, and a weakness for icy cold glorious golden beer.... guess what... I like that stuff to! 😁 I live a couple of hours out of Melbourne, north of Ballarat in the Pyrenees area. Lots of old gold historic stuff about, and some great 4WD tracks and camping spots. I’m due for another 3-4 week trip too in the next couple of years. I’m thinking driving to Esperance On the main drag, then following the Eyres adventure in reverse back to Ceduna along the coast, via inland and beach tracks, which is also along the lines of the telegraph line. So I’m eager for another big trip too like other members. If your ever up this way I’m more than happy to show you around. Welcome to the gang, hopefully seeya on the tracks one day 😁

Cheers, Phil

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Absolutely awesome guys what a great response!

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Hi johnny my name shaun you video was great to watch and you did a great job for your 1st one when we get out off this lock up would love to have a beer or CC with you around a camp fire
Haha thanks mate it will get there.sounds good mate would love to meet up for a wheel.

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

G'day Johnny, great video mate. Happy to catch up for a beer and a chat and do a few trips when restrictions are lifted. I'm looking at the cape in the next year or two and will need a few travel buddies. Also did the Simpson a couple of years ago so......
Thank's mate appreciate it. I might tap into your knowledge re. the Simo thanks heaps.

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Hi Johnny, sure would be good to catch up with fellow members. I just swapped out my Ranger for a new drive so keen to hit the tracks soonish. We also have a daughter up in Cairns so thinking of going on a big drive to the Tip of Aust. Where are you located?
I'm in Coburg mate

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Fellow D3 owner here too. Happy to wheel with you any time mate. I live out west way and you have a good looking Rig too :0 Peter. Fraser island & Glass house this year maybe And The Cape soon
Thanks Peter two D3s on the tracks could there be anything better lol. I'll hit you up when we get out of lockdown.

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Hiya Johnny, I’m sure you will fit in well here... 4wdriving, camping, exploring, and a weakness for icy cold glorious golden beer.... guess what... I like that stuff to! 😁 I live a couple of hours out of Melbourne, north of Ballarat in the Pyrenees......
That sounds like an excellent trip mate. I'm keen on a big Western NSW tour as well at some stage. I'll keep you in mind when I'm up that way. Cheers

Jono
Jono (Varangian)
17 Aug 2020

Hi Jono, great to see you here. Feel free to connect to me and our members. This is the reason I help launch this site, to help 4wders to connect and go 4wding together. If you have any trips in mind, feel free to post a trip, and you don't need to b......
Thanks Kelvin.

John (Johnjnr)
18 Aug 2020

Hi mate,

Nice to meet you and it would be great to go wheeling some time.

I am 41, Irish, based in Melbourne and have two kids 9 and 13. I also enjoy a beer 👍

I’ve seen a fair bit of the country having completed the lap last year over 11 months. Been to the Tip/OTT, Arnhem Land, Gibb River Rd etc.

Looking forward to coming out of lock down restrictions and getting back to the high country and then maybe a longer trip. Haven’t been to the Simpson desert so that’s definitely on the bucket list.

1 2   Next