Brisbane Ranges / Steiglitz

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)

()
04 Sep 2019

Hi All.
Im planning a reconnaissance trip around the Brisbane ranges this weekend.
Firstly has anyone done in trips in this area and willing to share any information?
Secondly if i was to organise a trip here in the future would anyone from this Western side of Melbourne be interested and thirdly if anyone wants to join me this weekend I'm open to anyone wanting to tag along.
Thanks people look forward to your feedback.

Chris
Chris (Milney)
04 Sep 2019

Only passing on what I’ve read, so I may be wrong... but it doesn’t look like much worth driving around there, from the sounds of it most of the tracks are management vehicles only and the rest are just dirt roads. 

()
04 Sep 2019

Only passing on what I’ve read, so I may be wrong... but it doesn’t look like much worth driving around there, from the sounds of it most of the tracks are management vehicles only and the rest are just dirt roads. 

Thanks Chris. Just trying to find some good ground close to Geelong.

Chris
Chris (Milney)
04 Sep 2019

() wrote:
Thanks Chris. Just trying to find some good ground close to Geelong.

Out the back of Anglesea there’s a few tracks worth a look 

()
04 Sep 2019

Out the back of Anglesea there’s a few tracks worth a look 

I had a look out there last weekend and everything that wasn't graded gravel was closed till the end of October..ill keep looking.. where are you from Chris and where do you usually go

Chris
Chris (Milney)
05 Sep 2019

() wrote:
I had a look out there last weekend and everything that wasn't graded gravel was closed till the end of October..ill keep looking.. where are you from Chris and where do you usually go

I’m in Melbourne (Greensborough), quick day out for me is usually toolangi 

Lederderg and Wombat arent too bad from geelong  as well.. 

David
David (6pack)
06 Sep 2019

Hi Michel im from Geelong and have the same problem with lack of tracks close to us Anglesea is a good beginners area with some med tracks if you know were to find them if thay didnt get graded this year, Brisbane Rangers is 2wd all the good tracks got closed years ago. there are some good tracks near Forest heading back to Lorne look up Newcomb Spur track good track if not too wet. As i found out we have to travel to find tracks 🙁 if you need someone to go exploring with send me a message but unfortunately im not available this weekend as im in bed sick.
Cheers David

()
06 Sep 2019

Hi Michel im from Geelong and have the same problem with lack of tracks close to us Anglesea is a good beginners area with some med tracks if you know were to find them if thay didnt get graded this year, Brisbane Rangers is 2wd all the good tracks g......
Hi David.
Thanks, will definitely get in touch to do some exploring. Get well soon