Lack of Easy -> Medium trips (Solutions)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3

Riaannel (PradoPappa)
31 Jul 2019

I am definitely interested and would join trips like these, Riaan

Ian
Ian (iant2866)
31 Jul 2019

Daily driver

Ian
Ian (iant2866)
31 Jul 2019

I totally agree. My 120 Prado has winch and recovery gear but I only run A/T tyres and standard suspension. It's my fault driver and I can't afford to destroy it. My neighbour also has a 120 Prado but no recovery gear and he would like to learn more and have some fun. I have no doubt I'd more of this level trips were organized they would be extremely popular. I'd love to come along.

Ian
Ian (iant2866)
31 Jul 2019

I totally agree. My 120 Prado has winch and recovery gear but I only run A/T tyres and standard suspension. It's my daily driver and I can't afford to destroy it. My neighbour also has a 120 Prado but no recovery gear and he would like to learn more and have some fun. I have no doubt I'd more of this level trips were organized they would be extremely popular. I'd love to come along.

Great idea and post!

Likewise, got a very capable PS but it’s wifey’s daily drive and she’s none too happy when it comes back dirty...let alone damaged!

Easy/Medium Sunday Day trips...count me in!

Cheers

totally agree, would love to join trips like you suggest

Yes Warren I agree.

In 4 years as a member of 4WDTrip I have only seen 1 trip to the Grampians which I thought was suitable for my Jeep Cherokee KL (recovery only from rear) and I went on this and really enjoyed it. This trip was essentially a weekend drive in the bush which was all I wanted, but safety in numbers was important to me as I am hesitant about travelling alone. Others on this trip also had similar views.

There may have been some suitable trips I missed if I was away.

I know it was not challenging for some, but the really serious 4WD's seem to have plenty of options.

Tomy

Warren (Bailz66)
01 Aug 2019

Thankyou all for the heap of feedback its great to see.

I have registered for the Trip Leader training on the 11th but have to try and line up some things to attend. Ultimatly I really love the concept of the site but have struggled to find trips I could do. It looks like I am not alone.

Greg above mentioned he runs some beginner trips in Tallarook and this is one that I attended and got lots of value for it. I wanted to expand on this one a little bit but a little less about teaching and training and more just enjoying the drive and get together.

Would love to get a few people involved and confident enough to run a trip like this.

Will spend some more time thinking about this over the next few days and might come up with an example trip to be run.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
01 Aug 2019

While I fully support this idea, and I myself have lead a few easy to medium trips... Everyone has to be aware that damage may occur either way!!

People mentioning damage and daily drivers.. Let me tell you that nobody goes out with the intention to break their car but sometimes it happens. You could slip in a rut and hit something or hit a stick which will flip up and destroy anything from brake lines, radiator, CV boot etc. I had heaps of sticks get wedged underneath and once was very lucky to miss wiring coming off the gearbox.. So it can always happen.

It's always important to know this, and if damage does occur, you can't blame anyone. I mean you can go down to your local shopping centre and endup damaging something.

Dennis
Dennis (Funky)
01 Aug 2019

While I fully support this idea, and I myself have lead a few easy to medium trips... Everyone has to be aware that damage may occur either way!!

People mentioning damage and daily drivers.. Let me tell you that nobody goes out with the ......

You are correct but we are talking about the chances that something could happen if it’s hard then expect something if it’s easy don’t expect but always possible

i went on a very very easy trip and smashed my tailgate and bumber the other car blew a main fuse.. 

also on a side note if anyone wants to just drive around wombat state forest and explore I’m happy to run trips either over nighters or day trips I just don’t k ow track names and etc etc but I’m happy for anyone to tag along

I run a few beginner to medium trips around the Tallarook area. Am replacing my gearbox but will be doing a few trips soon. You are most welcome tp join. Should be doing one in the next few weeks.
Cant wait will keep an eye out enjoyed the last one i did with you

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
03 Aug 2019

If its easy trips you want run your own, to run a easy trip is not difficult even for inexperienced , its only medium to hard trips where some experience is needed and by running a few easy trips you get the required experience to step it up.

If you want to do a trip and feel it would be to difficult its really not have a look at a map,  get some idea on where you want to go and ask for info either on this site or any other 4wding site, 4x4Earth is a great site also and highly recommended.

Post a trip and in the notes say you are new to it and ask for help and understanding.

Then go out and enjoy

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
03 Aug 2019

Great post and aweosme to see every one keen in the ideas. As the founder and a fellow 4wd nite I don't get to where I am simply run and join hard trip. I have run countless beginner trips and easy medium... see my trip history and you would know. Remember 4wding is not rocket science. You post and run more trips and those experienced 4wders will help you. We are in a big family. What we encourage is to post your trips. If you need any help from trip planning to where to go, reach out to us here or on our facebook
See you all on the tracks!

Brett
Brett (0BRETT)
06 Aug 2019

I have to say I agree. I’m in a very capable Ranger, but I have little interest in getting bogged or driving on a 45° angle :)

I’m more interested in exploring new scenery and happy to drive down some reasonably complex tracks to get there but not at the expense of breaking my car.  I simply can’t afford breakages right now. 

I am a newbie, have a R51 Pathfinder with 2" lift, winch, 31's plus 32's muds, and would really love to do some easy/medium track days.
If anyone is doing any day trips around Melbourne West area please feel free to drop me a line..... Interested in camping also ( have off-road camper trailer)...

Previous   1 2 3