Lack of Easy -> Medium trips (Solutions)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
31 Jul 2019

I run a few beginner to medium trips around the Tallarook area. Am replacing my gearbox but will be doing a few trips soon. You are most welcome tp join. Should be doing one in the next few weeks.

Nick
Nick (Morphen83)
31 Jul 2019

I support this isea. I have a fully capable Troopy, but only 31" A/T tyres, & I am always put off by the warning - "May incure some vehilce damage". My vehicle cost too much to go about bashing through the bush. Would definit......

Bob, I put that on my trips as a warning, i don't go out looking to damage anything BUT everyone needs to be aware things might happen and it could happen.

Jaime
Jaime (Millo)
31 Jul 2019

I definitely support the idea of having Easy/Medium trips. My is a stock standard Pajero that has proved to be very good off road. This would be a good opportunity for other drivers with stock cars to start learning about their cars and get more involved in the community. Having a fully setup 4x4 may not suit a daily runner however it should not be an impediment to have some good fun.

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
31 Jul 2019

Pretty simple, want more Easy trips, post them up and lead them. Don't think that you need some sort of special qualifications to run a trip, some Clubs do require you to do a course but thats the great thing about this site, just a bunch of mates going for a drive. I have lead many a trip from behind so to speak. Assuming your not a complete novice and have some idea how to recover a vehicle post a trip and get out there.

Phil
Phil (PT75)
31 Jul 2019

Awesome idea. As  someone mentioned the trips fill up fast. I have a challenger. Although it’s stock and I only have the basics in recovery gear I’d like the opportunity to join a trip also. smiley

Dennis
Dennis (Funky)
31 Jul 2019

I have a d40 navara and I don’t want to damage anything either as it’s my daily I would be happy to lead easy trips and just explore but I don’t know the areas enough it’s been afew years since I used to go a lot I try go once a month or so.. 

ill be going to wombat this weekend and happy to have a couple cars tag a long if anyone else is keen.

Rod Campbell
Rod Campbell (Rod)
31 Jul 2019

I have done the hard stufff but enjoy the easy stuff just as much. For me it’s just being in the bush. I’m way past the point of hitting a hill or a mud bog for the hell of it. To be honest, if there’s a chicken track I’m probably gonna take it. I’d be up for an easy trip. 

Geoff Davey
Geoff Davey (JeepGC)
31 Jul 2019

More trips like that woud be great. I have a stock Jeep GC with front recovery points the only addition so would love more opportunities to join in on trips.

Cheers Geoff.

Nigel
Nigel (Nigel)
31 Jul 2019

Have you considered pairing with a more experienced person. You are correct there are many people with near stock vehicles looking for a 4wd experience. I led a group 12 months back and had 10+ cars join in. By pairing you will get Trip Leading experience at the same time as planning something that benefits you as well. Toolangi has some good starter tracks. Happy to work with you. Send me a PM if you want to organise something

Message deleted by the author.

Hi Warren.
Im in the same boat as the other comments. Mine is a daily driver as well. Mines a dual cab Foton with a 2.8 Cummins. Ive got the recovery gear but no lockers in this 4b. 31" muddies. Id be keen on some easy no breaking parts trips around Melbourne

David
David (6pack)
31 Jul 2019

Like eveyone i find it hard to get on trips if it is medium people who have run trips before jump on instead of running there own trips. We need more trip leaders for the easy/medium drives. There is a trip leader course running on the 10- 11th August there is one spot left but i can't do it wrong weekend for me, i will try to run some trips soon as im from Geelong they will be around Anglesea or in Ballarat area. Thanks David

Mauro
Mauro (Rat_Patrol)
31 Jul 2019

I am the trip coordinator for a fairly large 4wd club. We run all types of trips from easy to crazy. I can tell you that the kinds of trips you are taking about are always the best attended and fill up quickly. I'm sure the same would apply here

Dennis
Dennis (Funky)
31 Jul 2019

Is it me or does it seem always the same poeple go on the trips so everyone else misses out as I said I’m happy to run easy trips but I’m not aware of areas and track so if it’s ok with everyone just to wing it then I’m happy to put my hand up..

Ray
Ray (Ray)
31 Jul 2019

I was trying to get people interested in trips a year or so ago and only one person chose to turn up. The latter has been on a couple and I think really enjoyed them. All of the vehicles on our trips are daily drivers and not stupidly kitted out. Mine is a GU with 50mm lift runing 32s and never really needed anything more (noting that a 50mm lift plus 25mm tyre diameter increase is the maximum legal). The others are more or less the same, Patrol, Jeep, Prado, FJ Cruiser. The only thing is that our trips are usually between three to four days, as we go into the High Country and want to enjoy the maximum time out.

The other thing is that these are boy's weekends out so that we can enjoy ourselves and go fairly minimal. Call it a Men's Shed on wheels. We did try and offer mixed trips as well, after a lot of pushing for such, but it turned out that no one was actually interested in attending. That doesn't mean we can't do such, but our HIgh Country Cruises will always be guys only (no kids under 16). If you're interested in undertsanding what we do and where we go, have a look at some of my trip reports: https://australianimage.com.au/category/the-high-country/. If there is interest, I can consider putting some trips up here come summer.

The reason I don't attend any trips put up on this forum is that they are either day trips around Melbourne or out to the west (I live in South Gippsland) or they have ridiculous conditions (such as a minimum of five previous trips) which means I can never fulfill the requirements. Nor am I and the others that attend interested in wrecking our vehicles.

Previous   1 2 3   Next