Giantz recover tracks

Forum > General Discussion
Domenic
Domenic (Cowboy13)
11 Jun 2014

Hi all,

I have been looking to buy some recovery tracks for a trip i'm doing later in the year to Fraser Island. The name brands seem really expensive however I have seen these on eBay and they look and sound quite good at a fraction of the price, has anyone had any experience with these??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390830050623?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
16 Jun 2014

I don't have experience with the recovery tracks as I don't do any sand driving. However, they all look quite similar to me. I think pricing should be the major factor. Or you can build you on track :) 

You may be able to pickup some bargain this weekend at the Expo.

Domenic
Domenic (Cowboy13)
17 Jun 2014

Good Idea Kelvin.... I will wait and seen whats at the Expo....

Fraser
Fraser (ScotsMan)
17 Jun 2014

they look fairly agressive which is what you want ,i have only ever used my max trax once on a mates bogged truck in tassie .It took a long time to find the tracks in the mud afterwards so some sort of strap attached to the tracks is a great idea.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
17 Jun 2014

they look fairly agressive which is what you want ,i have only ever used my max trax once on a mates bogged truck in tassie .It took a long time to find the tracks in the mud afterwards so some sort of strap attached to the tracks is a great idea.

"It took a long time to find the tracks", that's what I thought too. It's great for recovery in sand though.

It's still a good recovery gear which get carried only most of the time instead of being used. It's like my drag chain....high lift jack....exhaust jack...... 

Domenic
Domenic (Cowboy13)
25 Jun 2014

So I decieded to buy these tracks on eBay I thought even if they were crappy, for $100 it wasn't a hugh expence. They arrived today, I've got to say they look and feel better than I expected. Hopefully I can get to one of the snow trips planned and test them out. I will post a reply once I give them a go.

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
25 Jun 2014

They look good to me. Just hope the construction and materials used are up to the job. Interested to see what you think once you have them.

Scott (btfifty)
13 Oct 2014

So I decieded to buy these tracks on eBay I thought even if they were crappy, for $100 it wasn't a hugh expence. They arrived today, I've got to say they look and feel better than I expected. Hopefully I can get to one of the snow trips......

Hi mate, im looking at buying a set of recovery tracks and dont getboff road enough to buy $300 maxtrax.
wondering how you got on with the giantz?

Domenic
Domenic (Cowboy13)
04 Nov 2014

Hi Scott,

Fortunately I have not need to use then, However I was recently on Fraser Island and saw someone else who used their's  semmed to be OK....