A weekend trip to jamerson

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)

Wayne (dragic)
16 Jan 2015

Hello to everyone.

My name is wayne and I would like to do a trip to jamerson  from the 6th-8th of febuary. But I don't Know the erea well is there anyone that can help me plan the trip,I would like go to the jamerson pub as well as do some tracks up there that are medium to hard. But nothing to extreme because I drive a GU patrol 4.5 litre (auto) with a 2inch lift and 33inch mud tyres snorkel.And a winch 12000 pound winch but no locker look forward to anyone who can help me thanks wayne.

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
16 Jan 2015

Hi Wayne last time I was up near Jamieson I camped at skip worth camp site and it was great, be better in summer with some good spots on the river to swim . a good little loop to start is up polletti tk left on to Mt terrible up to the summit (good views) then make your way down to moonlight spur tk to knock wood then back to kevington pub . Hope this helps.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
17 Jan 2015

I can recommend Skipworth, its a great spot with heaps of tracks close by, most have been well maintained lately so are ok as long as its not been raining heaps, the only tracks I would advise you to stay away from are lyrebird, its insanely steep with a massive rute st8 down the centre from a telsta fiber optic cable and water run off, the other is brewery trk. near woods point, most of it is ok but 200m of it is near impossible tp get up and going down is possible but can be testing...

Wayne (dragic)
18 Jan 2015

Hi Wayne last time I was up near Jamieson I camped at skip worth camp site and it was great, be better in summer with some good spots on the river to swim . a good little loop to start is up polletti tk left on to Mt terrible up to the summit (good v......

Hello Luke.

Thanks for all the informaton you sent me the tracks you mentioned.Like polletti tk  and mtg terrible and moonlight spur tk are they medium to hard tracks.Look forward to your reply thanks again this will help cheers wayne.

Wayne (dragic)
18 Jan 2015

I can recommend Skipworth, its a great spot with heaps of tracks close by, most have been well maintained lately so are ok as long as its not been raining heaps, the only tracks I would advise you to stay away from are lyrebird, its insanely st......

Hello Mathew.

Thanks for your reply and information you sent me this will help me with my trip thanks wayne.yes

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Jan 2015

the tracks that Luke mentioned I would class as easy to medium in the dry, medium to hard if really wet, that is given you have a patrol and have some experience and what they were like last time I drove them.

Luke
Luke (bushstig)
18 Jan 2015

Hi mate, with Mt terrible tk there are sections that are rocky towards the top but there's many alternative ways up. There's so much choice you can also do a hut loop starting from howqua river Rd to fry's hut , upper Jamieson hut lovicks hut , bluff hut , bindaree hut , bindaree falls and on to Craigs hut and then home from there. This is a full day from early morning to we'll after dark return.