Hayden
Hayden (rarodeo05)
15 Jan 2015

Hi guys im wanting to get away on the 30th jan friday arvo and return home sunday arvo 1st feb. somewhere within 2-3 hours of tullamarine airport. Im sick of tullarook, mt dissapointment and wombat. Just wondering if anyone has other suggestions or is keen to get away that weekend.

Cheers Hayden looking for fun 4wdriving however they are our daily drives

Andrew Wale
Andrew Wale (awale)
15 Jan 2015

What about the other side of the city.

Gembrook, Toolangi, latrobe forest , Noojee State Foredest

I am not available that weekend but these are some suggestions.

Hayden
Hayden (rarodeo05)
15 Jan 2015

I actually havn't gotten out to any of those actually,, which do you suggest with good camp sites and tracks ect.

Not big enough camp grounds for a full on trip, but the cobaw state forest just near lancefield is quite good. Hard tracks in winter mout of it is mud.
I want to do toolangi

Andrew (Arnu)
18 Jan 2015

From Tullamarine you could get to Mansfield within 3 hours and the high country opens up to all your wants and needs. Great camping spots, high country huts and spectacular views, 4wding tracks nothing overly hard but great fun!

Andrew

Hayden
Hayden (rarodeo05)
20 Jan 2015

Hi Andrew Im currently looking at a mansfield trip for that weekend. Hows this look....

Camp at sheep yard flat Friday night, then Saturday head down howqua hill tk then onto steiners rd to running creek then down Symes tk into Mitchell's tk to Mitchell's flat camp ground for sat night then Sunday up to silvermine spur tk to wrens flat then to jamison rd head home!!

()
20 Jan 2015

I'd be interested for that weekend. 

Reach out to Dave (http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/member/207).

Dave, led a High Country trip the weekend of 6 December.  I didn't do the Sunday but they went on several of the tracks you mentioned and out to Jamieson.

Andrew (Arnu)
20 Jan 2015

Hi Andrew Im currently looking at a mansfield trip for that weekend. Hows this look....

Hayden
Hayden (rarodeo05)
21 Jan 2015

Thanks heaps Im more trying to find some tracks that will bring afew challanges not just a walk in the park but by saying that, not big bog holes haha.