No show Black List

Forum > Feature Suggestions
1 2   Next
Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
10 Feb 2019

1. Jed Soto - Jed86 - no show to Mt Disa trip - no phone number provided in profile - we waited 25 minutes.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Feb 2019

Understand your frustration.,,,angry. The subject of 'no shows' has been brought up before and personally I have no issue with you naming the person/persons who fail to show;  especially when a trip is full and others wish to attend. Same goes with those who fail to 'check in' to confirm their attendance; still happens on a regular basis...angry.

I keep it simple on my trips now. If someone has failed to 'check in' 24 hrs prior to start of trip, I just remove them.

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
11 Feb 2019

Understand your frustration.,,,angry. The subject of 'no shows' has been brought up before and personally......

I might have to start using your check in tip. This is the third time it's happened on a Mt Disa trip.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
12 Feb 2019

Disappointing.

I noticed he has been booked on 4 trips and only checked in on 1 of the 4

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
13 Feb 2019

I think just like trip leaders get a badge next to their name... if someone is a no show and made no attempt to let trip leader know.. should get some kinda badge next to their name until they redeem themselves (by joining a few trips and not get pinged for it again). This is to alert trip leaders and other members.

If they get pinged for this again, should be a ban.

Just like there is also a "trip leader" that was a no show... on I believe 2 occasions and somehow still lurking these forums..... I mean, that's messed up.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
13 Feb 2019

Also a lot of new members don't know how the system works and they might not check in..but that does not mean they will not show up. So far had a few people not checking in but they do turn up (only had 1 no show so far on my trips... lucky?).

My concern about booting people out if they don't check in is... you don't want to endup with an extra one or two cars showing up!!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
14 Feb 2019

I might have to start using your check in tip. This is the third time it's happened on a Mt Disa trip.

Works for me, but I do include this information/conditions in my trip discription so there is no confusion and everyone is aware when they join. I have done it a few times and those who are removed get informed via email with the reason 'failed to check in by the specified time' and have never had a person show up after they were removed. A few who have been removed previously have joined other trips of mine and are generally one of the 1st to 'check in' so I assume they have learnt their lesson for want of a better phrase.

Whilst I sort of understand where Thurstain is coming from, most trip fill quickly due to members getting info via email on their phones etc. Same applies to 'check in', a email along the lines of 'Your trip is approaching so remember to 'check in' etc, so personally I believe there is absolutely no excuse for not 'checking in'.

I think this has been done before sometime ago, but maybe the mods, (Kelvin or Winston), can again reinforce the importance of 'checking in' on both 'faceache' and this forum.

Disappointing.

that would be Disappointment at Mt Disappointment.

But seriously I guess that is just another reason trip leaders do private trips, they know they can count on members to arrive on time and to check in. There is nothing worse than having a no show and end up waiting 20min wasteing other trip members time.  I too also think i will follow Alan's lead and remove them from my trips. 

So if you are one of the few that dont check in please make sure you do  "CHECK IN" The CHECK IN button usually arrives a few days before the trip starts.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
19 Jan 2020

Unfortunately I had to remove 2 members from my trip weekend just gone for failing to check in by the specified time. One of them quickly got back on the trip and he told me he did not receive a email advising him to check in. Suggested to him, and a tip to all members, DO NOT RELY ON GETTING A EMAIL, LOG INTO THE SITE AND CHECK THE TRIP YOU ARE GOING ON; it is not that bloody hard.

'Check in' on the site is available at least 36 hours prior to trip date, SO NO EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT CHECKING IN.

()
21 Jan 2020

Message deleted by the author.

()
21 Jan 2020

()
21 Jan 2020

Bye Gazza look after yourself sorry to see you go

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
21 Jan 2020

Gazza, whilst off topic from what was original posted by Jason, I did see your comments & may I suggest you DONT remove yourself from the site, as some of us like to invite you on private trips and if you are removed, we will no longer be able to do so....sad.

Understand your frustration, but admins cant be on site 24/7. By the same token, it seems to me that the site is now largely 'faceache' (Facebook) orientated, even though many members dont use FB. I do get on 'faceache' soley for a jayco forum and have noticed that the 4wdtrip forum is not overly active, for want of a better word. Since going from .com.au to .com, pictures etc have all been lost, as mentioned by Trevor sometime ago, but he never received a reply from the admins, which I think is pretty poor. I tried to upload some pics from my recent trip, but 'no go'...angry. Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but lets hope the site does not 'go to heaven' like many others, as with well over 1000 members, there are now fewer & fewer trips posted than ever before, which is not a good sign.

1 2   Next