Walhalla or Toolangi....

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

I sold my 80 a while back and have recently been driving my wife nuts.
She told me in no uncertain terms "GET A HOBBY!"... 

Thus, after recently buying a GQ, I've returned to 4WD Trip and hope to start back with some challenging trips!

I'm thinking of heading out next weekend to either Walhalla or Toolangi, to test the new rig. 

Does anyone have any interest in a trip? Preferably to lead a trip seeing as I haven't been out for a while.

Thank you

Huon (SpiderHuan)
09 Sep 2018

i wouldnt mind heading up to toolangi, when were you thinking 

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

i wouldnt mind heading up to toolangi, when were you thinking 

hey bud, am keen to go next Saturday. 

I haven't been out there for a few years tho so forgot my way around a little bit. Do you know the area well or happy to lead?

Huon (SpiderHuan)
09 Sep 2018

hey bud, am keen to go next Saturday. 

I haven't been out there for a few years tho so forgot my way around a little bit. Do you know the area well or happy to lead?

no not really, i live in melbounre so i dont go 4wding a lot.

Alex Noulas
Alex Noulas (Wk2)
09 Sep 2018

Im keen. but I can only do Thursdays and Fridays. 

By the way im all kitted up however still a novice so keep that in mind 

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

no not really, i live in melbounre so i dont go 4wding a lot.

Ok, I was looking for someone to possibly lead a trip with some knowledge of the area and minimum 33 inch tyres and a winch. I know both tooangi and Walhalla can get very challenging. 

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

Im keen. but I can only do Thursdays and Fridays. 

By the way im all kitted up however still a novice so keep that in mind 

hey mate cheers unfortunatley can only do weekends

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Sep 2018

Hi bud, should be able to get out Saturday for a play, a lot of the good tracks are closed at Walhalla and Toolangi but still a few good one I can show you that will test the new toywink

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

Hi bud, should be able to get out Saturday for a play, a lot of the good tracks are closed at Walhalla and Toolangi but still a few good one I can show you that will test the new toywink

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
09 Sep 2018

Tim
Tim (Tangles)
22 Sep 2018

Hey all, any of you keen to head out next long weekend?

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
23 Sep 2018

Hey all, any of you keen to head out next long weekend?

Might be keen to head to Walhalla on the Friday maybe do Deep creek tracks and surrounding tracks 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
23 Sep 2018

Might be keen to head to Walhalla on the Friday maybe do Deep creek tracks and surrounding tracks 

Deep Ck 1 & 4 are now seasonally closed Digger.

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
23 Sep 2018

Deep Ck 1 & 4 are now seasonally closed Digger.

Wow cheers mate thanks for the heads up. 

Tim
Tim (Tangles)
23 Sep 2018

I had a look the mapshare VIC site and most tracks seem to be open... I've never been to Walhalla NP, however I did some reading and planned a bit of a trip out. I've posted one up... just waiting approval... feel free to have a look and leave some comments if you think the plan can be improved and join up if you're keen to come along. I've got another couple of mates penciled in to come, they have 80 series cruisers so should be a good time

Looks like Trig Tk, Deep Creek No1, 4, and 5 are closed, however Army Tk, Burgoyne Tk, Cob Spur Tk, and Donelly Ck Tk (the ones I've seen mentioned online as being good) are all open.