Club4x4 Insurance

Forum > Open Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5

Peter Morris (peter1)
03 Oct 2018

Hi Kal, I would appreciate your thoughts on why my two policies with Club 4x4 were both increased by 72% this year. Never had a claim in 45 years of driving. I currently have my troop and caravan covered with you but doubt I will renew when it expires end of October,
. However, happy to give you the opportunity to reply and hear first hand why my two policies were increased by such a large amount. I think you would be pretty aggrieved if one of your periodic bills came in with such a radical increase. I seem to remember a similar increase was proposed and after bargaining it was increased by 18 to 20%. Still too much in my view but not enough to cause me to change. That,s not the case this time - 72%!!! I already have a quote from RACV for the caravavan that is $200 below Club 4x4. Would you like to reconsider your quote or are you happy for me to go elsewhere.
Regards Peter

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
04 Oct 2018

Hi Kal, I would appreciate your thoughts on why my two policies with Club 4x4 were both increased by 72% this year. Never had a claim in 45 years of driving. I currently have my troop and caravan covered with you but doubt I will renew when it expire......

Hi Peter,

Happy to take a look if you can provide me with an idea of your polkiocy number/rego etc to help me find you.

Kal

()
04 Oct 2018

Hi Kal, I would appreciate your thoughts on why my two policies with Club 4x4 were both increased by 72% this year. Never had a claim in 45 years of driving. I currently have my troop and caravan covered with you but doubt I will renew when it expire......

That's just plain greed.

Peter Morris (peter1)
04 Oct 2018

Hi Peter,

Happy to take a look if you can provide me with an idea of your polkiocy number/rego etc to help me find you.

Kal

Kal can you give me your email address so I can send the policy details through to you. Peter

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
04 Oct 2018

Kal can you give me your email address so I can send the policy details through to you. Peter

Hey Peter,

Can you send an emauil to contactus@club4x4.com.au attentioned to me please

Kalen

Peter Morris (peter1)
17 Oct 2018

Hey Peter,

Can you send an emauil to contactus@club4x4.com.au attentioned to me please

Kalen

I have posted under general my comments about the poor response after having followed up as requested. Looks like you are too busy to respond. Again why has there been a 73% increase in my premiums and 103% increase in two years. Looks like you guys got it seriously wrong when you first sprooked your policies. Or was it intentional to get people in and then jack the premiums up unreasonably. Pretty poor look Kaleem.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
18 Oct 2018

I have posted under general my comments about the poor response after having followed up as requested. Looks like you are too busy to respond. Again why has there been a 73% increase in my premiums and 103% increase in two years. Looks like you guys ......

Hi Peter,

Understand it's a poor look - I do apologise for the tardiness of the response and I take it on the chin. I did give you the option of having my Sales Manager explain the situation as i knew there was no way i was going to respond with any sort of expedience  - i can understand however why you chose to wait for me. 

I did look at your policy Peter and firstly i need to apologise to you for the phone contact your experienced with one of our staff. There has been interaction with the agent you spoke too from our Sales Manager and we have coaching strategies in place to help her better service clients into the future. 

Unfortuantely your premium is correct. I agree that it has seen significant increases over the 3 years that you have been with us. I think i've explained here before that sometimes the premiums that you see as a client are not reflective of your own statistics or history. 

In the last 12 months we have had significant exposures for heavily modified Landcruisers. Your particular vehicle is insured for twice it's standard value once we consider the modification values you've chosen as such it falls in to the generic category where we have had to see sustained increases to maintain portfolio viability. I can understand that this may not seem fair - and i can assure you your sentiment that we tried to get people in and then jack up premiums is incorrect despite thats the way it may seem. 

In order to continue to provide the product we do, we have had to make adjustments to premiums to reflect the inherent risks of our portfolio. We have also had to respond to market movements in premium - which in the last 18-24 months have seen increases of up to 70% in some segments.

My suggestion is that you take the time to shop around the report back here with your findings. Remember that you have an asset that is twice it's nominal market value insured with us, let alone the various coverage components that are specific and unique to our policy. 

It does become a consumer decisions at some point - so one needs to weigh up whether the price for the cover matches with the rest of the amrket and your individual need.

I dont want to lose youa s a customer Peter but ive tried to be as open and honest as possible.

Again, my apologies for the lateness.

Kalen

Peter Morris (peter1)
18 Oct 2018

Hi Peter,

Understand it's a poor look - I do apologise for the tardiness of the response and I take it on the chin. I did give you the option of having my Sales Manager explain the situation as i knew there was no way i was going......

Thanks Kalen for reply. At least some context has been given to why the premium were increased so radically. I have no issue with the customer service staff, please they are put in a difficult position when premiums increase like this and you may want to consider how you communicate such increases in premiums to your customers in future. The renewal notification made no mention to any of the information you have provided above and I think that was a mistake and something the CS staff were not responsible for. At this stage it looks like I will be moving the caravan insurance away from club 4x4 but I need to do more research on the troopy. Once again thank you for igetting back to me. Regards Peter

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
20 Oct 2018

Thanks Kalen for reply. At least some context has been given to why the premium were increased so radically. I have no issue with the customer service staff, please they are put in a difficult position when premiums increase like this and you may wan......

I will give credit where it is due, no other insurance company is as open with communication as Club4x4 is here and on 4x4Earth so that is a bonusyes

But like everything these days it pays to shop around and compare prices but make sure you are compareing apples with apples, after about 3 hours of phone calls and reading PDS from several insurance companies plus swopping it from my name to the better halfs name we saved nearly $800 this year on the D4 cover for a policy that included more cover for what we needed with lower excess. Will do exactly the same next year because I am 100% sure our premium wil have big increases again, its just the game you have to play these days

Peter Morris (peter1)
20 Oct 2018

I will give credit where it is due, no other insurance company is as open with communication as Club4x4 is here and on 4x4Earth so that is a bonusyes

Peter Morris (peter1)
20 Oct 2018

Thanks Matthew for your reply. What a shame you have to go thru the charade each year though!!!!

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
22 Oct 2018

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
22 Oct 2018

Thanks Kalen for reply. At least some context has been given to why the premium were increased so radically. I have no issue with the customer service staff, please they are put in a difficult position when premiums increase like this and you may wan......

Hi Peter,

I will take your feedback on for future comms. 

I can say with honesty that our caravan premiums are certainly higher than the market as we do trully cover off-road. 

I would be keenly interested to see how you go with the product for the troppy, particularly since it is insured for twice its book value.

Many thanks 

Kalen

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
22 Oct 2018

Previous   1 2 3 4 5