Club4x4 Insurance

Forum > Open Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next
Ryan
Ryan (DukeZ)
06 Sep 2018

Gday Maarten 

Happy to take a look at this for you if you like - i cant see how we reduced a value in 6 months? vehicle value follows the term of the policy which is usually 12 months

Kalen

i was with AAMI but they raised my premium and reduced my ammount covered so i have gone through work with Toyota. got an unbeatable price plus the discount for being a toyota employee

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
06 Sep 2018

i was with AAMI but they raised my premium and reduced my ammount covered so i have gone through work with Toyota. got an unbeatable price plus the discount for being a toyota employee

Really? I thought only Club 4X4 did that ... :-P sorry couldn't help myself. :-)

No worries thanks for responding.

Cheers

Kal

Trevor
Trevor (ranger1)
06 Sep 2018

Hi Trevor,

Appreciate the feedback. As ive done with other here - id love the chance to look into yourr claim and if there is any cousnelling i can do of staff or improvements i can make i'd love to do that. It is interesting to ......

You rang me about this claim on Monday night ,and I am still waiting.to hear from you .so i did the right thing an changed insurance company.

()
06 Sep 2018

I think it all boils down to ppl ensuring they adhere to the “duty of disclosure “ , many ppl will not tell their new insurer they got fined for speeding , drunk driving , prior accidents and even their full extent of their mods etc - then at claim time any insurer will be blatantly honest that their premium was based on the information provided and that during investigation stages they realize a lot of information was withheld . Any insurer has the right to refuse a claim and even cancel a policy under these conditions .

It is very important to disclose all information that is revelant not just at policy quote stage and even during the course of the policy and subsequent renewals.

Many years ago I rang my insurer “Aami” to advise that some idiot had spray painted my car with graffiti. A day later -   I then rang back to advise that  at my cost - I was able to have the graffiti removed and the car duco was fine.  Many years later I find out that Aami had placed an “at fault claim” on my insurance history when no money was ever paid to fix the car. It took weeks to correct this information and they surely didn’t make it easy. So for those that advise they are a good insurer - that experience was not a good one for me. The matter of principle applied here.

and yes this shows we don’t live in a perfect world once again . Would I use them again? for a policy for a normal standard car - yes I would .  I don’t hold grudges and understand that mistakes happen and sometimes things take longer than expected.  And I would not even direct customers away from them for that one time mistake. I left Aami as they don’t have the coverage and options that Club4x4 has and that Club4x4 is a better match for my needs. This is something that anyone buying insurance has to consider - “do I have the correct and adequate insurance coverage for my needs”.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
07 Sep 2018

You rang me about this claim on Monday night ,and I am still waiting.to hear from you .so i did the right thing an changed insurance company.

Hi Trevor,

My apologies was i supposed to call you??? i cannot recall being told to do so?

Apologies

Kalen

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
07 Sep 2018

() wrote:

I think it all boils down to ppl ensuring they adhere to the “duty of disclosure “ , many ppl will not tell their new insurer they got fined for speeding , drunk driving , prior accidents and even their full extent of their mods etc......

Steven,

Bingo. 

Ultimately when you decide to enter into an insurance contract, and thats exactly what it is, a contract - you provide information to help the provider ascertain pricing and ensure acceptance criteria has been met under their underwriting guidelines. If you dont meet the acceptance crtieria the rovider says no to provindg you a policy - its that simple. 

Hopefully we can continue to meet your needs - appreciate the open, constructive discussion

Cheers

Kal

David
David (6pack)
08 Sep 2018

I went with club 4x4 as they were cheaper than my past insurer and covered $5K extras and at that time was told it would cost about $80 extra when i added about $10k in extras later, then i told a freind about two months later he got a price for cheaper model car than mine and price had jumped by over $400 (why)???? And since then they have added extra excess to our policies for water crossings ect. I have made a lot of mods to my car since getting the first policy $25k and at policy renewal the price had jumped from $630 to $1400 as i was on long holiday at the time i payed it but i will be looking at other insurers next time as there is no reason for the large jump in a small amount of time with no claims. I will not suggest Club 4x4 to people now as i never have payed so much for insurance before even our house insurance isn't that much.
Thanks David

Simon
Simon (VBer)
14 Sep 2018

() wrote:

Hi 4wdtrippers,

I would like to ask everyone to please be honest without being disrespectful.  I can see some of your responses are with a fair bit of emotion and we  are  privileged that Kal from Club4x4 is responding......

Steve are you related to Kal or getting kickbacks? It’s a forum, both positive and negative feedback is good. How else are we to make informed decisions. 

Cheers 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
14 Sep 2018

Steve are you related to Kal or getting kickbacks? It’s a forum, both positive and negative feedback is good. How else are we to make informed decisions. 

Cheers 

kick backs?  I doubt an insurance company would be paying anything to a forum that has about 5 posts a week on average and if they did it would be a token gesture and worth pitence

()
14 Sep 2018

Cheers 

Hi Simon,

I am not related to or receive any “kickbacks” from Club4x4. Furthermore , I do not work in the insurance industry and rather in Logistics .

I am all for discussion in a respectful manner.  I understand some people are upset at their experiences and clarity of discussion without aggressive remarks is always good to see.

I would always encourage this and by being calm at all times , Kal who is here can possibly address any issues so they don’t happen again in the future. 

I know at my work - if someone wasn’t calm and it was stressing me or becoming offensive - I am allowed to end the call prematurely.

Anyone who knows me well understands  that  I try to stay calm and happy.

After my accident , when It dawned on me that I would have to go through a total loss claims process instead of a repair process - I was very agitated but still knew that I had to respect the results of the assessment  and follow through with the procedures. Being agro won’t help the situation , just answer and provide any information requested by your claims officer and this would apply to most insurance companies and there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Sep 2018

I currently am insuring my Patrol with Club 4x4 - I did the usual ring around and one insurance said we can't meet your agreed value (probably your typical soccer mum car insurance company - they don't want mods and risks.. they just want your cash), Shannons was actually much more expensive than Club 4x4 (maybe because I'm under 30??) so I went with Club 4x4. They accepted my purchase price as my agreed value without hesitation and decent quote compared. I am currently installing a few more mods and upgrades to it and will be calling them to arrange a new agreed value to cover my new mods soon (once finished) - will see if the price jumps up too much.

As for the claim process, I remember Steven's process and it was not easy but a good outcome none the less from a bad and unfortunate situation.  I hope I'm lucky enough to never find out the process for myself.. but it's good to have a backup plan.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
17 Sep 2018

I currently am insuring my Patrol with Club 4x4 - I did the usual ring around and one insurance said we can't meet your agreed value (probably your typical soccer mum car insurance company - they don't want mods and risks.. they just wa......

Thanks for the feedback mate - glad we were able to provide you with the type of cover you're after.

I certainly hope you dont ever have to claim either :-) in the meantime if you've answered all of the underwriting criteria (the questions you answered during the quote) correctly and factually then everyhting will be 100% rosey should you need to claim.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
17 Sep 2018

() wrote:

Hi Simon,

I am not related to or receive any “kickbacks” from Club4x4. Furthermore , I do not work in the insurance industry and rather in Logistics .

I am all for discussion in a respectful manner.  I und......

Steven,

Thanks very much for your review and you continued input here. I am here because i like to get involved and learn what's happenning in my business from my customers - so i truly appreciate the feedback and have often made strategic changes to products off the back of feedback on forums like thus.

You're right - everyone has a basic human need to be respected - agro doesnt get you very far anywhere in life.

I really do appreciate it.

Kal

() wrote:

Well I will post a link to Club4x4 for informative purposes and I would recommend a good read .

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next