Club4x4 Insurance

Forum > Open Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Sep 2018

I had cover with Club for the D4, agreed value and all the extras on the car covered. The next premium arrived and the same as Dutchy the value went down by over 10k, premium went up by over 10% plus they introduced the extra 5% excess for water damage caused by driving into or through water so for me would equate to well over 3k excess on top of the standard excess.

Of couse I did the ring around and got the same agreed  value , same standard excess, no water excess, hire car, free windsceen which was an extra for club and cover for all off road use for over $600 per year cheaper than club.

For me it was the water excess and the hoops you have to jump through when making a claim plus all the stories of them rejecting claims that did it for me. Never before have I or the better half had to provide a driver history from vic roads when making a claim and to me this just shows how they will find any avenue possible to avoid or reduce a payout

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
05 Sep 2018

That's why it was decreased, on the renewal date despite the increase in January. A $7k decrease and slugged with a nearly $200 increase in premium. Add all your new policy regulations and recent bad feedback from quite a few clients, and I'm not surprised people seem to move to Shannon's...

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

A shame they've increased the access for everyone, rather than set a wading depth. Because this hurts every claim, not just 'stupid'... In saying that, I'm cautious and hesitate with water crossing for that exact reason, vehicle damage. It might just make other people start doing the same

We tossed up a number of ideas when it came to that issue Maarten - trying to enforce things like wading depth and other legalities was an option. The challenge was these thigns were very hard to enforce in practise.

Another thought was to laod everyone's premium for the guy who unlike you, charges in without precautions. But we felt this was penalising the majority for the mistakes of the minority, so the best way to deal with this was to enorce an excess for those who had to claim for damage cause by water when they premediatately enter water. 

There is usually a way around it if you want to be sensible and not take risks.

Thanks for the feedback 

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

I had cover with Club for the D4, agreed value and all the extras on the car covered. The next premium arrived and the same as Dutchy the value went down by over 10k, premium went up by over 10% plus they introduced the extra 5% excess for wate......

Nice to hear from you again Discomatt!

Bit of Dejavu here eh :-) cars that are close to stock are easy to get the same agreed value for anywhere else.

Youve got a great deal with your current insurer - i'd be excited too!

Kal

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

That's why it was decreased, on the renewal date despite the increase in January. A $7k decrease and slugged with a nearly $200 increase in premium. Add all your new policy regulations and recent bad feedback from quite a few clients, and I'm not surprised people seem to move to Shannon's...

So you called to increase you value in january and it decreased at renewal?

If thats the case that's normal. You know you can call and get that increased right?

Premium increases - well like any product you weigh up the pros and cons and decided to stay or not

As of last month 92% of our clients decide to stay - can't have everyhting i guess :-)

Kal

Mark
Mark (Spot62)
05 Sep 2018

I have a 79 series that only has a 2 inch lift. Filled out all everything on line pressed enter and it came back with Sorry can’t insure you try a broker. 

I have a 79 series that only has a 2 inch lift. Filled out all everything on line pressed enter and it came back with Sorry can’t insure you try a broker. 

bahahaha

Nick
Nick (Bagoo76)
05 Sep 2018

I have been insured with club4x4 for a 2or 3 years and unfortunately had to make 2 claims this year for the 1st time (theft and accident).

they paid up on both occasions so I commend them for that and hold my breath for the premium increase next year...

I do have some concerns regarding their service:

under staffed and consistent delays of 1 week when responding to emails as such you must call them after submitting any information via email otherwise the message does not get reviewed or actioned for 1 week.

Choice if agreed repairer. This is true as long as your repairer is at the low end of the industry. I spoke to a couple of repairers who refused to waste their time with a quote because club4x4 is underwritten by  Hollard insurance and they never accept the quotes from from repairers such as Sheen etc. furthermore the repairer I was referred to was blatantly deceitful. Needless to say that I took my car elsewhere.

I hope that I never have to claim again or at least not for another 15 years. With that said I believe that Club4 need to focus on increased staffing as well as ensure that their staff take ownership of cases and problems..: which they often fail to do.

I think at the end of the day. if a company has so may people commenting how bad they are. There has to be some truth to it! The best thing to do about this is go with a company that doesnt have so many bad reviews out there.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

really?

We dont even have an error message like that - why would we ever send you to a broker??!! At time we wont be able to complete the policy online and will note thatw e will contact you to finissh the quote off.

Can you replicate that and send it though? We have 79 series cruisers with 100k in mods on our book. A 2 inch lift will never be an issue unless there were other factors that arent noted here.

Kal

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

I have been insured with club4x4 for a 2or 3 years and unfortunately had to make 2 claims this year for the 1st time (theft and accident).

they paid up on both occasions so I commend them for that and hold my breath for the premium i......

G'day Nick,

Thanks for the commentary there - you're absolutely right we need to up our staffing particularly on the claims side. Happy to say we've had 1 new member join the team in the last 3 months and were looking for more. 

Hopefully we can do a better job for you next time around :-)

Kal

Mark
Mark (Spot62)
05 Sep 2018

really?

We dont even have an error message like that - why would we ever send you to a broker??!! At time we wont be able to complete the policy online and will note thatw e will contact you to finissh the quote off......

I’ll be back in the office in couple of hours see if I can find printout. Didn’t even bother with Porsche as I had the parts imported from Germany 

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

I’ll be back in the office in couple of hours see if I can find printout. Didn’t even bother with Porsche as I had the parts imported from Germany 

That would be great if you dont mind! 

Nick
Nick (Bagoo76)
05 Sep 2018

G'day Nick,

Thanks for the commentary there - you're absolutely right we need to up our staffing particularly on the claims side. Happy to say we've had 1 new member join the team in the last 3 months an......

Thanks for taking the time to respond to social media Kal.

Glad to hear you’ve hired a 3rd claims rep. Companies obviously need qualty staff at the sales end to bring in the revenue but it is shameful, frustrating and dissapointing when the after sales side of a business does not meet the same standards.

I hope there isn’t a 3rd time, at least not for a long time.

Trevor
Trevor (ranger1)
05 Sep 2018

hi all  i was with culb 4x4 insurance but after i put in a claim,  i was treated as a liar and they did everything in their power not to pay the claim.

from saying i had previous claims and making me get a driving history ,all from a trip with club ,so i have done the same as a previous writer and changed to shannins insurance.

hope this helps anyone after 4x4 insurance .[dont go with club 4x4]

trevor. 

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next