I am going to review my experience with Club4x4 Insurance .
Last year my beloved Pajero slid off a ledge and landed on its side in a ditch.
The quick summary of it all:
(1)The accident occurred on Saturday 02/12/17 2:30pm
(2) phone call made within 5 mins of the accident to Club4x4 call centre - voice message left - yes there was phone reception.
(3) The great guys in our trip as a team were able to upright the Pajero within the hour and was able to drive back to base camp.
(4) Sunday 03/02/17 - 8:30am - spoke to Club4x4 operator and they helped connect me to their nearest approved tow truck operator and panel beater.
(4) 10am the truck arrived at the base camp site. They actually came so fast ppl assisted me to pack -I wasn’t expecting anyone to come till Monday and was gonna camp till then. The tow operator was a depot of Club4x4 and were going to invoice them directly .
(5) the tow truck operator drove me to a car rental place and I was able to rent a kluger in Ballarat and followed the tow truck to the depot and was able to remove my belongings from the Pajero and got home around 4pm.
(6) it took me a week (08/12/17)to submit the accident form , photos ,driver history report from VIC roads , and information on all the mods or accessories on the car. The quicker you submit these details works in your favour. Club4x4 will refund the cost of the driver report.
(7)Assessment took place prior to the panel shops Xmas shutdown . I may have seemed impatient but most businesses close prior to Christmas holidays and often on skeleton staff . The car was deemed a repairable writeoff.
(8)By mid January 2018 , Club4x4 settled in full. Car rental refund and some other ancillaries refunded in full.
What is important to note is that when I look back and assess the time frame , it was reasonable . There were public holidays and just bad timing as Club4x4 would have had many people on annual leave including my claims consultant . A senior person then took over as well . At all times the staff at Club4x4 were polite , professional and understanding.
I had a total loss claim - on a 4wd that I had fond memories of and believe me - I went through a mourning process. I thank Club4x4 for making the process as painless as can be. For that reason - I chose to stay with Club4x4 when I purchased the next car.
Always read your product disclosure statement as from my experience , Club4x4 does follow this and do pay out . I have heard rumors out there but when I reflect on my experience - I can surely say that Club4x4 gave me great customer service.
Who is your car insurer? Is it Club4x4? Tell me your experiences? Come on share .