Club4x4 Insurance

Forum > Open Discussion
1 2 3 4 5   Next

()
05 Sep 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am going to review my experience with Club4x4 Insurance .

Last year my beloved Pajero slid off a ledge and landed on its side in a ditch.

The quick summary of it all:

(1)The accident occurred on Saturday 02/12/17 2:30pm

(2) phone call made within 5 mins of the accident to Club4x4 call centre  - voice message left - yes there was phone reception.

(3) The great guys in our trip as a team were able to upright the Pajero within the hour and was able to drive back to base camp.

(4) Sunday 03/02/17 - 8:30am - spoke to Club4x4 operator and they helped connect me to their nearest approved tow truck operator and panel beater.

(4) 10am the truck arrived at the base camp site. They actually came so fast ppl assisted me to pack -I wasn’t expecting anyone to come till Monday and was gonna camp till then. The tow operator was a depot of Club4x4 and were going to invoice them directly .

(5) the tow truck operator drove me to a car rental place and I was able to rent a kluger in Ballarat and followed the tow truck to the depot and was able to remove my belongings from the Pajero and got home around 4pm.

(6) it took me a week (08/12/17)to submit the accident form , photos ,driver history report from VIC roads , and information on all the mods or accessories on the car. The quicker you submit these details works in your favour. Club4x4 will refund the cost of the driver report.

(7)Assessment took place prior to the panel shops Xmas shutdown . I may have seemed impatient but most businesses close prior to Christmas holidays and often on skeleton staff . The car was deemed a repairable writeoff.

(8)By mid January 2018 , Club4x4 settled in full.  Car rental refund and some other ancillaries refunded in full.

What is important to note is that when I look back and assess the time frame , it was reasonable . There were public holidays and just bad timing as Club4x4 would have had many people on annual leave including my claims consultant . A senior person then took over as well . At all times the staff at Club4x4 were polite , professional and understanding. 

I had a total loss claim - on a 4wd that I had fond memories of and believe me - I went through a mourning  process. I thank Club4x4 for making the process as painless as can be.  For that reason - I chose to stay with Club4x4 when I purchased the next car. 

Always read your product disclosure statement as from my experience , Club4x4 does follow this and do pay out .  I have heard rumors out there but when I reflect on my experience - I can surely say that Club4x4 gave me great customer service.

Who is your car insurer? Is it Club4x4? Tell me your experiences? Come on share . 

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
05 Sep 2018

I'm insured with club4x4 for now. In January my agreed value went up to $52k on my patrol to cover added bits n bobs, happy with that at about $1200 a year. Then in June, they reduced the agreed value to $45k and premium up to $1400? Not happy. Big loss in agreed value especially considering the jump in premium. About to move to Tassie where I'll reassess and probably change to Shannon's.

We bought our new 150 Prado and insruerd with Club 4x4. A couple months later we went on our first trip. I had to squeeze through two trees at Tom Groggin and didnt see the low hanging stump. It damaged the whole left hand side of my new Prado. I was devesatated but knowing I had (what i thought) was the best insurance I thought no worries we will get it fixed when we get home.

I contacted Club 4x4 when I got home and they said no worries we will sort everything. I was told to take it to the repairer the next week and it will be fixed. I took my new 4x4 there and they mentioned they hadn't got the authority yet but no worries it will come through in a day or so. Nearly a week later they rang to ask to come pick up my car as they still had not got Authority! I contacted Club 4x4 and they said because my wife (who was heavily pregnant) had hit a roo, someone backed into her in a car park and some rocks flicked up and cracked her windscreen years before, that they would not cover the insurance. I tried to explain that she wasn't even in the car and that she was heavily pregnant and couldnt even go 4x4 driving! They didnt care!

I ended up going to social media and getting a few of my industry contacts to put some pressure on Club 4x4. They still refused. So I ramped it up and after my posts went viral they eventually agreed. I was told that they would not continue our policy and would cancel it once it was fixed. After getting it fixed i cancelled the policy and went to Shannons. So far I am happy with Shannon's service and policy!

WARNING .... DO NOT GET INSURANCE WITH CLUB 4X4! THEY WILL DO ALL THEY CAN TO GET OUT OF PAYING YOUR REPAIRS!!

I drowned my Navara in a "puddle" that I underestimated severely. I was, and still am insured with Youi. From the initial phone call, once I got service at Mt Hickey Fire Tower, To the payout for a total loss was 2 weeks to the day. 2002 Navara stock with a winch, market value because it was over 10 years old, they Paid me out $10,800 which included my excess. I was very happy with the outcome.

()
05 Sep 2018

I'm insured with club4x4 for now. In January my agreed value went up to $52k on my patrol to cover added bits n bobs, happy with that at about $1200 a year. Then in June, they reduced the agreed value to $45k and premium up to $1400? Not happy. Big l......

Probably went up to pay for Stevens Pajero. Lol

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
05 Sep 2018

I wonder if they should include a 'stupidity clause'... Exclude bog holes, rivers over 800mm wading depth and other simply stupid claims. Might cut the premium down for those thinking about what they do....

I wonder if they should include a 'stupidity clause'... Exclude bog holes, rivers over 800mm wading depth and other simply stupid claims. Might cut the premium down for those thinking about what they do....

I seem to remember they quietly brought in a max water level and if above that it was not insured...

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
05 Sep 2018

As long as they inform clients I think it's not an unreasonable restriction...

As long as they inform clients I think it's not an unreasonable restriction...

Here is that change I mentioned... https://www.club4x4.com.au/policy-changes-water-crossing-claims/

Get stuck in water and try and claim. It could be a very expensive exercise!

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
05 Sep 2018

A shame they've increased the access for everyone, rather than set a wading depth. Because this hurts every claim, not just 'stupid'... In saying that, I'm cautious and hesitate with water crossing for that exact reason, vehicle damage. It might just make other people start doing the same

If they put a restriction on wading depth, they should put a restriction on tyre size too, so bog holes don't "drown" the unwarey. There is a lot of things they should put restrictions on, but they don't but when it all boils down, all of them only want your money, and will try to deny claims for any reason they can make up at the time.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
05 Sep 2018

My cars is a long way from standard as its a hobby as well as a 4x4. I priced up Club 4x4 and it was more expensive than Shannons.  I've had at fault claims (yeah, like driving over a log, it flicks up and takes out your sill and door) with Shannons and the only thing I had to sign was the 'job done' as I drove it out of the (my choice) panel shop.

No hassles and no questions with Shanons, my mods are listed on the policy.  Well, most of them :-)

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

Steven,

Thank you for sharing your experience - glad we could do the right thing by you.

if youve been open and answered all of the questions asked when processing a policy - you will get a high quality claims service. Seems like thats exactly what you've done.

All the best and Happy Touring

Kalen

Steven,

Thank you for sharing your experience - glad we could do the right thing by you.

if youve been open and answered all of the questions asked when processing a policy - you will ge......

Nice dig at me there Kaleen. Just FYI. We were open and told you everything. But seeing as the claims which you tried to deny us on were over 5 years before and it wasn't even my claims but my partners (whom we were even together then) it didnt seem like it was needed. And they were not at fault claims. Then once you agreed to cover us you told me you would cancel our policy and we were no longer welcome at Club 4x4! Very sneeky.

Club 4x4 (Club 4X4)
05 Sep 2018

I'm insured with club4x4 for now. In January my agreed value went up to $52k on my patrol to cover added bits n bobs, happy with that at about $1200 a year. Then in June, they reduced the agreed value to $45k and premium up to $1400? Not happy. Big l......

Gday Maarten 

Happy to take a look at this for you if you like - i cant see how we reduced a value in 6 months? vehicle value follows the term of the policy which is usually 12 months

Kalen

1 2 3 4 5   Next