Do you drive or take a train to work?

Forum > Open Discussion
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Sep 2018

Hi guys,

We are doing a quick survey and would like your feedback if you drive or take a train to work?

Thanks in advance.

https://kelvin79.typeform.com/to/TECeFe

Ben
Ben (B3NS4B)
01 Sep 2018

I drive as I need to for work. The wife now trains it since the introduction of the mernda station.
I answered for the both of us

Drive to work unfortunately, I would prefer to catch a train 

Hi All,

As retired I do not work but when I did work, it was necessary to drive. Several reasons involved. First, the trains did not suit my working hours which were outside of train times. Second, the distance to train stops both directions, if there were trains, was too great. Third and most important is that I needed to carry work tools some of which could be classed as dangerous weapons so were banned on any public transport including taxis.

Posijohn

Jack
Jack (Jack105)
01 Sep 2018

Drive, survey done

Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
01 Sep 2018

Live in Shepparton. There are no trains

Chris (cap8959)
01 Sep 2018

No trains here, no bus service at 2 am. Drive is the only answer.

()
01 Sep 2018

I drive as I tow a trailer for tools of trade and to carry materials 

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
02 Sep 2018

Got plenty of trains where I live, but none suitable for passengers unless you enjoy sitting ontop of a pile of iron ore

()
02 Sep 2018

train ;( (it sucks)

working in CBD, cost of toll and parking (if you can find a spot that fits 2.4m height) make driving way to expensive.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
02 Sep 2018

Drive because tradies cant catch a train with tools and ladders...

Who is "we" that are doing the survey and whats it for?

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
02 Sep 2018

I moved to the city from port Melbourne for work and have been using the train  for 12 months after never using it since I was a teenager. That's a long time ago. 

now I'm on vline on the Geelong line . Great seats some with fold down tables like a plane , toilets, drinking taps even has a quiet carriage. Got to say Ime impressed. Half the travel time maybe more. Use it now and then for the footy or a night on the town 

Maybe the metro might not be so nice but the country train is okay