Trip reports

Forum > General Discussion

I have noticed that trip reports are getting less and less. That is such a shame I and I think alot if other people enjoy reading them. They give some much information that others including myself when preparing trips. So please if you can you do trip reports. They really don't take that much time to do.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Aug 2018

Not sure that many members go to the forum section Big Kev, let alone read or write trip reports.....sad. I think Thurstain was the last person to write a report from his Grampians trip and not one comment, even from those who attended...surprise. Noticed that the trip report section on the actual trip is hardly used anymore with few if any pics/comments. Even Winston, who always posted a trip report in the forum section doesnt seem to do it anymore and Alex is not posting any of the many pics he always takes on trips..sad.

I dont use 'Faceache' anymore, (and I know a number of members who dont have it), but can anyone tell me if 4wdtrip has much activity there, especially trip reports and pics?

Not sure that many members go to the forum section Big Kev, let alone read or write trip reports.....sad. I think Thu......

i dont do faceache either mate it is really a shame. you are right Thurstain was the last i have read it is a shame but i think the site is basically a place to get people to go on trips  and not interested in any thing else. Hope to catch you out there when the weather warms up. Been windy so I reckon a lot of trees are down out there

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
11 Aug 2018

Speaking personally, I have very little spare time. If I get spare time it's spent driving. Outside of that it's all constant work and family duties.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
13 Aug 2018

I love to compile a video and write a quick trip report - but I'm starting to think.. why bother? I spent HOURS planning the grampians trip, looking at maps, researching forums and fb groups on tracks + then a few more hourrs compiling video and a quick write up.. 

But nobody even bothers to say "Yeah awesome trip" or even a thumbs up.. at least to show "Hey someone IS reading this crap". It's actually frustrating. 

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
14 Aug 2018

I don’t get out as much as I would like and love reading trip reports. Especially yours thurstain:) . Will make a note to comment when I see the next one

the forum here is very quiet I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of interest in trip reports?