Barkly River Jeep Track

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
08 Jun 2018

So about the same time the track closures come off in November I'm hoping to have my twin locked FJ73 'cruiser trail ready and on historic rego.  Shes undergoing a lot of time in the shed getting ready for RWC now.

Would like to do the Barkly River Track so would run a trip rated as hard, must have winch and 33's minimum, not fusssed if we spend a day skull dragging our trucks up but if we made it a weekend trip, maybe camp at Grannys on Friday night, do Barkly River Saturday plus a bit of exploring as time permits, then jag a camp Saturday night for a cruise home Sunday - anyone interested even though its a likey 5 months away ??

Always wanted to do the Barkly so hope its still open once the weather turns for the better.

()
11 Jun 2018

🙋‍♂️

just got back and did that track  you need 35 tyres twin locked and still will be challenging   it will be  the same in 5 months hard   

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
13 Jun 2018

just got back and did that track  you need 35 tyres twin locked and still will be challenging   it will be  the same in 5 months hard   

Got any pics of video Steve ??  How many cars, how long did it take ? 

Sounds like I'll have my work cut out as the '73 is only getting 33's. Not enough power for 35's on that truck lol.  If I run out of rut clearance I'll skull drag it with the winch :-)

Cheers.

()
13 Jun 2018

Well that's me out.

Got any pics of video Steve ??  How many cars, how long did it take ? 

Sounds like I'll have my work cut out as the '73 is only getting 33's. Not enough power for 35's on that truck lol.  If I run ......

i went with the blokes from double black offroad   there is some footage of the track at the top they aswell needed to winch andthey were both on 37  twin lockeed  look up facebook or instagram  to see it  its only about a hours long track  and 4 cars went 3 tried  2 got to the top i didnt winch failed and lockers failed   i l come out with you next time the lockers and winck will be fixed