Muffler Swap

Forum > General Discussion
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
18 May 2018

Just couldn't help but share this. I've been bugged by the engine note that comes from the stock exhaust on the FJ, just thin sounding and too breathy. To be expected I guess when they run 4 catalytic converters (2 per bank) into a mid body muffler that Oscar the Grouch has been eyeing off as a new home. Seriously it's 500mm long and very restrictive. So without being able to hear a sample myself I took a gamble and ordered arguably the most aggressive muffler getting around. The Flowmaster Super 10. Measuring only 165mm long it was promising. 

And then took it into a muffler shop where they cut out the old and welded in the new  

Here's the result... let's just say I'm happy. 

Note - turn this up on some good speakers or headphones at least. It will sound garbage on a phone speaker.

Rob (robc)
18 May 2018

Night n day. Sounds awesome!

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
18 May 2018

Rob (robc) wrote:
Night n day. Sounds awesome!
Cheers mate.

I forgot to mention to please ignore the supercharger.. *cough cough... power steering pump whine...

Rob (robc)
18 May 2018

Probably too early to tell if you get any better performance but im sure you should get a few more ponies?

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
18 May 2018

Rob (robc) wrote:
Probably too early to tell if you get any better performance but im sure you should get a few more ponies?
It felt more responsive going off the old 'butt meter'. My fuel economy has already taken a huge hit though. Simply due to pressure on right foot being linked to size of grin...

Nick
Nick (Bagoo76)
18 May 2018

It felt more responsive going off the old 'butt meter'. My fuel economy has already taken a huge hit though. Simply due to pressure on right foot being linked to size of grin...

Gold!

Dennis (Sinned)
19 May 2018

Hi there Winston, that sounds ore betterera lol. May help t ole girl breathe just a bit tad more.

Have a gr8 weekend.

Regards

Sinned 

John (johnp)
19 May 2018

Gotta go get one for the truck.........

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
19 May 2018

Gotta go get one for the truck.........

Was only $150aud delivered from the US. Another 100 to have it welded in.