Weekend day trip near Melbourne

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)

()
16 May 2018

Hey guys,
I'm new to the website and fairly new to fourbies, I recently completed a intro to 4x4 course with the pajero club but struggling to find day trips to go on. Is anyone happy for me to tag along this weekend, either day for some easy/medium trails? 1-2 hours from northern suburbs. Thanks!

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 May 2018

G'day Anthony, welcome to the site and welcome to 4wding!

Your best bet is if there is a trip you see listed that you are keen on but it's full, click "I'm interested" and you will get an email straight away if someone going on that trip pulls out.

Otherwise it's a case of checking the site regularly to hopefully snare a spot. I am planning on running an easy-medium trip maybe late June so keep your eyes out for that.

()
16 May 2018

G'day Anthony, welcome to the site and welcome to 4wding!

Your best bet is if there is a trip you see listed that you are keen on but it's full, click "I'm interested" and you will get an email straight away if someone going on that trip......
Awesome, thanks for the info Winston!

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 May 2018

Hey Anthony,
Welcome to the website. I was in a similar position back in 2016 where I was struggling to find people to actually hit some tracks with.. Just keep an eye out for trips being posted on here and you should also receive email notifications on new trips.

I'm running a trip to the Grampians on a couple weekends, I know it's now exactly 2 hours away but most trips you have to travel a bit. Your welcome to join, I reckon it'll be perfect for you if you can attend especially if your new to 4wding.. And like camping.

()
17 May 2018

Hey Anthony,
Welcome to the website. I was in a similar position back in 2016 where I was struggling to find people to actually hit some tracks with.. Just keep an eye out for trips being posted on here and you should also receive email notific......
Thanks for that, I also have a dog which makes camping in national parks tricky, unless the missus wants to stay home with him ....

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 May 2018

I know the feeling, I have two dogs and I was supposed to do this trip last year and I couldn't as I had just adopted my second one. Now that they are settled in I can leave them with my parents. Always makes off-roading a bit trickier