Toolangi Easter Sunday

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Apr 2018

Lyndells is very doable without lockers but you have to know your car, be an experianced driver  and master of left foot braking. When dry there is good traction so you dont need to hit anything to hard.

The Disco is all repaired, I even did some of the other bits I have scraped over the years, now I just have to pime and putty then a rub down and top coat. Even scored the alpine window for free off another LR tragic from the LR forum

I have reminded myself why I closed the panel shop and changed trades...

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Apr 2018

Also is that the whole track in the video? Or is there more to it?

It is the full track Thurstain. As Matt & Winston said, you can drive it without lockers but it can be hard going. I always put my rear locker in for it as not a track you want to drive with open diffs.

The 1st 3rd of the track is the hardest and the rock ledge is bigger than shows on the video. Once you past the tree where Matt had his mishap; (due to Milney not cutting enough away...wink), it is reasonably straightforward, but still a long steep climb.

It is the full track Thurstain. As Matt & Winston said, you can drive it without lockers but it can be hard going. I always put my rear locker in for it as not a track you want to drive with open diffs.

The 1st 3rd of the track i......

Oh so it was Milney's fault......lol

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
10 Apr 2018

Oh so it was Milney's fault......lol

Absolutely, nothing to do with the nut behind the wheelfrown

A few coats of primer and spay putty going on tonight

Previous   1 2