Kinglake advanced tracks?

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Kyle
Kyle (Loretta)
31 Mar 2018

Hi

New to 4wdtrip.

Can anyone advise me of some tough tracks to tackle in Kinglake/eildon region?

Heading up tomorrow, the night and Monday. If anyone is keen or in the area let me know. Should be three cars, 2 itermmediates (80 Series), 1 beginner (Vitara)

Thanks

Kyle

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
01 Apr 2018

Over the Eildon side youve got Stillmans, Wherret, Ault Beeac, McClure and Mohican Break that are meant to be OK. Kinglake doesn't have a hell of a lot. Battery Spur is about it. Worth exploring though. Let us know what you find.

Kyle
Kyle (Loretta)
05 Apr 2018

Hi guys,

Ended up heading for the south end of Big River in the end. Found a good camp spot that happen to be quiet despite the long weekend which was a massive relief. 

On Monday we took the Donald’s track route to Mt Terrible, I highly recommended this drive. I managed to crawl up everything but in the wet this would be a very different story - I rang Harrop yesterday.

Mt Terrible (Who named these places?) was amazing and will re visit this at a less congested time to spend the night. As we hadn’t planned the way home we ended up taking Mt Terrible Tk, Ryan Spur, Boundry, Corn Hill and jumped back onto Warburton woods point Rd. This ended up taking us 5 exhausting hours to get home.

Despite the exhaustion I highly recommend Big river state forest to all wanting get a private camp spot and drive some moderate (difficult in winter) tracks. As it is 2.5-3h away from Melbourne I would try to spend two nights next time or drive further in on the first day.

Kyle

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
05 Apr 2018

Cheers for the info. Sounds like it was a good drive.

Good info around Big River...it's helped me with my query as well

Cheers

Pete