Christmas holidays mid week trips

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
18 Dec 2014

Hey Folks, Considering most people are going to be on holidays soon is it fair to assume you want to get out mid week some time? I'm keen to do a day trip or two to one of our local areas, such as Wombat, Bunyip or Toolangi. What kind of dates can you folks achieve? It'd be a medium difficulty trip with about six trucks.

David
David (Golddigger)
18 Dec 2014

Hi, I,d be interested in day trips during week to places like dunolly crk, wahtalla to matlock, store point, O'tooles' Mereingtons, etc going to somewhere fairly local. But not really interested just driving in mud. All the places I've listed I have been to & have amazing views & plenty of river crossings. Rain can easily cancel some of these due to water level. Not much into places with lots of mud holes. Hope some of this is helpful. Would like to go back up to Howqua, Sheepyard flat Craigs again at some to in future but not during school holidays.  Cheers Dave

Clive
Clive (clive22)
18 Dec 2014

Hi

I am interested.

I'm staying up at Reefton over the Hols so anywhere East is Ok. 

Anydays bar the nominated PH at this stage

Anyone interested in going to the Big River/Woods point area? Just for something different.

There are a few good tracks out that way.

Clive

David
David (Golddigger)
18 Dec 2014

Clive, that sounds ok too. as long as I,m not on a trip already.

Cheers Dave

Freya (Sparkles)
18 Dec 2014

HI I am def interested in day trips or overnight trips during the week. Free on the 8th Jan, 13th Jan, 19th Jan Cheers Freya

I'm up at Mansfield from boxing day till the 2nd and four wheel driving up around the delitite arm, off plantation road I think. Anyone is welcome to join

I'd be keen on a day or overnight mid-week trip - Up until Jan 10th or 11th - Toolangi would be great. Nothing too difficult for me - I've got a FJ Cruiser but I don't have any recovery gear. Cheers

Hi Jason, I am interested doing a mid-week trip. If you are doing trips in Jan either thu or fri I will be able to join. 

Daniel
Daniel (dswiders)
19 Dec 2014

Yeap,  I'd be interested for an overnighter or 2.  Just post up some trip details and dates and I'll try and work it in.  (Note to self, gotta get that tent).

jason, that sounds good - we are pretty flex with dates...and i would love to see toolangi from the comfort of a cabin....also keen on bunyip or walhalla or anywhere else that is a day trip

hi toolangi sounds good

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
21 Dec 2014

I would be up for a day trip to Toolangi after new years