Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
06 Feb 2018

Never been before. So looking for someone to Lead or advise a trip to Craigs hut, and good tracks (medium hard) in the area.

I could run a trip if I get enough advice from others on tracks and conditions. Ideally would be a friday after work drive to somewhere close. Then all Saturday on the tracks, Sunday start to head homebound. 

There are a few long weekends comming up, but not sure If I can wait that long! Itching to get the swag out soon. 

Cheers Dan

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
07 Feb 2018

one that ive done thru there a few years ago  was to camp at pineapple flat, head out king basin tk , seculation rd up to craigs hut. then clear hills tk ,monument tk  back to circuit rd then easy bindarree rd or harder corn hill logging tk down to bindaree falls , 

then sixteen mile jeep track back towards sheepyard flat. plenty more from there on but thats a start

few huts and a few creek crossings none of it very hard

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
07 Feb 2018

Have a look at the trip report Mansfield to Walhalla trip we did late last year, did most of the tracks mentioned above.  Nothing too taxing in that neck of the woods but it does take time to cover ground !

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
11 Feb 2018

Done a trip there two years ago... we camped at Sheepyard Flat on Friday night next morning we set off brocks rd check out jamison hut then cairns crk tk to bluff tk to 16 mile jeep tk past Bindaree hut & falls to monument trk then Craigs hut down to Kings hut onto camp at Pinnapple. The trip was a bit rushed should have done it over 2.5 or 3 days I like Dennis suggestion personly I would rather have camped at King hut would suggerst getting to Craigs hut well before midday it gets very touristy there you will find the tracks easy around there but the scenery is magic!

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
11 Feb 2018

Thanks guys. I thought i had a rooftop map but the walhalla one doesnt go that high. Ill get one this week and start planning based on all the suggestions. Looks like i should make it a long weekend trip. Sounds like there is lots to see and many tracks. Thanks.

Dan
Dan (AdventureDan)
19 Feb 2018

It’s awesome I’ll there and a decent camp site too. Gr at track along the ridge top pretty challenging section. Think it’s called clear hills track goes near Mt sterling summit. 

Im keen for a run into the high country I’m new to this but thinking of heading up on my own on the 2/3 March weekend.