Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
28 Jan 2018

Great trip report Matt & Again thanks Allan for a well organised trip

It was a great experiance up in the high country with a great bunch of guys

Cheers Neil

Glad you enjoyed Neil; shame you missed the last day but 'shite happens'. Hope the Patrol is now all fixed and raring to go. Another bit of video of our trip.

Neil
Neil (love24wd)
29 Jan 2018

Hi allan

great videos mate and great photos

i sent quiet a few photos threw of this trip but apparently there is something wrong with the site at time

partrol is now fixed and ready to explore some more 

I have found you have to be quick this year to get on any trips , thay fill up quick

cheers

neil

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
29 Jan 2018

Great video Allan, might have to head back up that way when the weather is cooler to do Burgoynes from end to endsmiley

()
29 Jan 2018

Certainly a great video there Allan , and the sound track Europe,ahhhh the memories. Yeah burgyones bring it on, love that track. Top stuff.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
30 Jan 2018

I'm in for Burgoynes again, at least the Licola end to Wallhalla as I have a score to settle with a certain hill and to trial some new parts !

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 Jan 2018

Think I will arrange a weekender to complete Burgoynes. Head up Friday night, maybe stay at Cheynes Bridge again, then do Burgoynes and tracks heading back to Walhalla. Just got to find a weekend free and when the weather is a bit cooler.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
30 Jan 2018

Think I will arrange a weekender to complete Burgoynes. Head up Friday night, maybe stay at Cheynes Bridge again, then do Burgoynes and tracks heading back to Walhalla. Just got to find a weekend free and when the weather is a bit cooler.

Save me a spot I'm trying to clock up the klms on the new gearset using the 80 as a daily driver right now.....uggh.

()
30 Jan 2018

Save me a spot I'm trying to clock up the klms on the new gearset using the 80 as a daily driver right now.....uggh.

I'll bed in the gears if you want.ill even put a couple of bucks of petrol in it.😉

()
30 Jan 2018

Just a suggestion,maybe head in via walhalla so that you can camp at macalister hut in the gorge.

Neil
Neil (love24wd)
30 Jan 2018

That deffantly sounds like a plan allan 

Count me in on the weekend adventure from licola

Cheers

Neil

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
31 Jan 2018

Seeing as how I seem to have missed this hut on the times I've done Burgoynes I'm in no matter which end we start from..

And Gazza, the catch is you can't go faster than 80kph.....  And I don't think getting there in a hurry, aka first gear redline, is what bedding gears in is about either.  I'm pussy footing round the 'burbs right now getting beaten by kids on bikes.  And Nissan Patrols to my chagrin.....

Now, when are we going ????????????????????????

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Jan 2018

Well guys, I am thinking sometime in March, either the weekends of 17/18 or 24/25. Would prefer starting at Licola end with possible option of starting Burgoynes late afternoon/early evening on Friday, stay the night at Macalister Gorge then complete the rest of the trip on the Saturday then head home late that afternoon or stay somewhere, O'Tooles or similar, Sat night and head home Sunday morning.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
31 Jan 2018

Well guys, I am thinking sometime in March, either the weekends of 17/18 or 24/25. Would prefer starting at Licola end with possible option of starting Burgoynes late afternoon/early evening on Friday, stay the night at Macalister Gorge then co......

That would ber great Al if we could lean on your knowledge of the area for a trip again.  I'd be in either date/s

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Jan 2018

That would ber great Al if we could lean on your knowledge of the area for a trip again.  I'd be in either date/s

No worries Alex. The other option that might suit some is head up Saturday morning, stop at Macalister Gorge for lunch and to see what it is like for an overnight stay in the future,  then continue on towards Walhalla with a overnight stay. Is probably the preferred option for me as dont have to take time off work and only 1 overnight stay. See what the rest of you guys think.

()
31 Jan 2018

They all sound good to me, I'll just go with what suits the others and yourself.

Previous   1 2 3   Next