Toolangi 30-12-17

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Chris
Chris (Milney)
30 Dec 2017

Thanks to Steve for putting up a late notice trip.

Tracks for the day:

Blowhard -up and down

Cockpit -down

Lyndalls -down

Not much help -just had a look at the start

Rocky -Phil and Steve had a look up (every time i say one more track it ends up taking hours so i gave it a miss... plus it started raining)

Quick terrible video, something got lost in the conversion and my skills dont help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gMsPQCoHRQ&feature=youtu.be

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Jan 2018

Excellent video and pics guys.....yes.

A question.... how wet and rutted were Cockpit and Blowhard as am considering including them in my run this Sunday; going up Cockpit onto Blowhard. Looking at the video, it seems both have got a little worse since last time I drove them.

Excellent video and pics guys.....yes.

A question.... how wet and rutted were Cockpit and Blowhard as am c......

they were wet  but drivable with cars set up well  but if youre got no muddies no lockers  there will be a bit of  winching   steve

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
03 Jan 2018

looks like a good trip , great pics and video

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Jan 2018

they were wet  but drivable with cars set up well  but if youre got no muddies no lockers  there will be a bit of  winching   steve

Thanks for that Steve...smiley. As a few cars have A/T's & no lockers,  if we do drive the two tracks we will go down rather than up.

Chris
Chris (Milney)
03 Jan 2018

Thanks for that Steve...smiley. As a few cars have A/T's & no lockers,  if we do drive the two tracks we will go down rather than up.

It will be ugly going up cockpit, down had a few interesting spots but mostly could be avoided. Should be a bit drier for you too by then ... but some of those tracks have an uncanny ability to hold water.. so anything could happen.

Blowhard only has a small section which would be annoying but should be fine in the dry, other than that the ruts aren't too bad but will definitely bottom out the lower trucks but they should get through... 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Jan 2018

It will be ugly going up cockpit, down had a few interesting spots but mostly could be avoided. Should be a bit drier for you too by then ... but some of those tracks have an uncanny ability to hold water.. so anything could happen.

Thanks Chris. As you know, Cockpit is usually always a little slippery as it gets very little sun and there is one section where I think some of the vehicles may struggle. Same with Blowhard, that one section going from side to side and almost getting sea sick....wink