bt50 ,ranger drivers, fire starter option

Forum > Tech talk, questions

()
19 Dec 2017

Just heard(on the radio) that theres a recall on 2016 and on, bt50 and rangers, Apparantly they can self combust if driven on grass.collects underneath. might be wise to google it.and always park next too a fire station.  Edit

i recieved a email as well on thursday last week

Spoke to a Ford Dealer in melbourne

They dont know anything about it

I emailed my dealer -- no response

VIN doesnt match with the recall

Is the email real ?

If its a recall Ford will mail out a hard copy

Awaiting response

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
19 Dec 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
19 Dec 2017

i recieved a email as well on thursday last week

Spoke to a Ford Dealer in melbourne

They dont know anything about it

I emailed my dealer -- no response

VIN doesnt match with the recall

Is ......

http://www.mygc.com.au/nearly-60000-ford-rangers-recalled-fears-catch-fire/

Sounds like an April Fool's joke coming early.

Any vehicle that is parked on grass long enough to reach hot spots of the vehicle, ie exhaust, can potentionally start a fire. I have seen it happen with a truck that pulled over to change a wheel near to Dalby, Qld. Fire started quickly and could not be stopped in time to save the truck. It was destroyed.

BT50's and Rangers will just need to park on short grass. Maybe Bowling Greens or Cricket Pitches.

()
19 Dec 2017

Sounds like an April Fool's joke coming early.

Any vehicle that is parked on grass long enough to reach hot spots of the vehicle, ie exhaust, can potentionally start a fire. I have seen it happen with a truck that pulled over to ......

That's precisely what the auto journalists said when the first saw the bt50.

Jason (JTM)
19 Dec 2017

The amount of new rangers that come into my shop you wouldn't buy one of the things anyhow, there all made from Lego blocks

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
19 Dec 2017

The amount of new rangers that come into my shop you wouldn't buy one of the things anyhow, there all made from Lego blocks
Not all of them. Had mine 2 years now and it's been great. No issues, no hassles.

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
19 Dec 2017

Not all of them. Had mine 2 years now and it's been great. No issues, no hassles.

Jason (JTM)
19 Dec 2017

Yeah all vehicles obviously have their good and bad, Ive just forever got rangers on the hoist fixing things. It never ends.