David
David (Paul Patrol)
24 Nov 2017

Hey, just an idea.

It's getting soo damn hard to plan a trip these days with all this PC crap going on all around us. I'm not asking to break any rules (the fines are too big) but who's interested in a long weekender camping trip with mans best friend?

I bloody love camping with my dog (Kelpie with a friendly, please all temprement) but I only have limited time to have weekends off due to my football comitments.

So, does anyone have a great camping spot where man (& woman & kids) and his/her bestest mate can camp together & have some freedom to be one's self?

Any suggestions appreciated....may even start a "Pooches and their survents camping trip"?

Chris
Chris (Milney)
24 Nov 2017

From memory (I only played with it for a little bit) the wiki camps app has an option for dog friendly camping spots, they have a free trial I'm pretty sure too

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
24 Nov 2017

Me and my missus are in the same boat. We have 2 rotweillers and if we are going away for the weekend, they are as good as our family so of course they should come on trips with us! But pretty limited in places where we can go legally, last year before the pooches we went to Grampians and was awesome fun with a bit offroading.. this year we can't go again because of the dogs. It's frustrating to say the least.

I personally usually go around Mansfield area, lots of state forest there and decent offroading / campoing. Mt Cole (xmas gathering) I never been but will be bringing my dogs with me as they are allowed, around great ocean rd (Otways) there are some sections where dogs are allowed (even though it's mostly national park).. but yes I'd like to know of more places where I can take my dogs for a good camping / offroading trip.

()
24 Nov 2017

Some camps I use to take the dogs, huggett crossing, blue pools, buttercup creek, big river area,o Brian's crossing,bruntons bridge, noojee up near the water falls,Sth of jamerson, woods point,Murray river .there is quite a lot of areas that are dog friendly .

James
James (Axis)
24 Nov 2017

I was around Walhalla with our Kelpie last weekend - camped at O'tooles (met the 4x4 Earth guys) and did some tracks on Sunday. 

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
24 Nov 2017

Talbotville, just got back a few hours ago with the kelpie and some mates (with thier dogs)  Awesome spot

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
13 Jan 2018

you think Vic is hard? With lots of state forest, it's actually not all that bad. Try SA! I went there to get work done on my car and staying anywhere with 2 labs is hopeless. Wikicamps and Camps9? All nice, but not always accurate. Sate forest are closed to camping this time of year, national don't allow dogs (overnight, some allow on lead walking), caravan parks are a pain in the ass. I couldn't leave SA quick enough....