Rob (Bessiethebeast)
21 Nov 2017

I have never really explored the Mt Dissappointment area.  I am happy to lead a day trip between now and Christmas but was hoping to find some people who knew the area well to help with directions, places of interest and track knowledge.  Not really interested in a hang off the winch all day kinda trip but something medium to hard would be great fun.  A trip for vehicles that are lifted with muddies and the electric winch is for "just in case it all goes pear shaped".

Wondering if there some others out there that could help lead/provide directions and others to just join in?

Regards

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
23 Nov 2017

Hi,

It's an area that I'd love to explore too but only been there once and only drove a couple easy tracks.. got up from Phone track, nice easy rocky steady climb and then veered off onto a couple easy tracks (more like dirt roads)

I know Winston knows the area pretty well as it's his backyard. Might be worth sending him a private message.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
24 Nov 2017

Hey Rob,

Just give it a crack mate. Most tracks in the area are pretty straight forward. If anything looks too chalanging for you, just turn around and find another track mate. No shame in being smart by sticking to what's comfortable.

I suggest give Moonlight Track a go. Is long and has some interesting bits and a river crossing at the end (or start, depending of your direction) but is usually ok to cross but does flow hard when high.

Just do it mate, you will regret not having a crack.