Tim Cantone
Tim Cantone (Boss)
13 Dec 2014

Hi Guys , 

Just joined 4wd trip as member 507.

Just wondering if anyone who owns or has owned a 200 series cruiser can tell me if the vehicle can be lifted more than the standard 2".

I am selling my Hilux for either the 79 series or 200. 

I like the comfort of the 200 but am also planning to do some hard stuff as well as touring and would prefer ground clearance over comfort so i think the 79 may be better. If the 200 can be lifted then that would suit.

Interested in your feedback.

Tim

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Dec 2014

from what I have heard from people with 200 LC 2 inch is as far as they go because of the IFS, no doubt if enough money was thrown at it more could be achieved

Stu
Stu (tenererider660)
13 Dec 2014

I have a 200 series with 2" lift and diff drop it. I have researched putting a bigger kit and found that it is possible, however the cost at the moment is high. If you have money then I would investigate the US market or Arctic trucks

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
13 Dec 2014

Can't fault the 200.... I have airbags in the rear as well ( gives another inch or so ) and the spare is still under the car..... Where my 100 series would scrape the 200 has never bottomed out... And it does get loaded up!!!! I have fitted Tough Dog suspension and I rate it over the OME...... Super comfy and excellent off road..... It's not for extreme  stuff .... Not my bag..... But an awesomely comfy capable and rewarding rig.....However I do love the 78 but for my family and comfort the 200 is ideal.....and I prefer an auto box.Either way you will have an awesome rig that will make make the Lux seem like a toy.

Conrad
Conrad (conradgrrd)
13 Dec 2014

Hi Tim

I have a 200 series with a 2 inch lift and have done lots of research on trying to get a bigger lift under the vehicle. I would say 2 inch would be the most you will get without spending major dollars.

There are kits from the US that would do it but I have not tried them so I can't comment. I however can suggest sticking to a 2 inch lift but getting bigger flares and arctic truck wheels. Then you can run 35 inch tires. That works well for me. Ride quality is not compromised and and you have the big clearance you are after. My two cents.

Conrad

Rod Barker
Rod Barker (roddy626)
13 Dec 2014

Hi Tim
Check if your planning to puchase with KDSS.
There has been KDSS lifts with a body roll, looks strange and noticable. do your research and shop around. anything higher then a 2" your struggling to find a car park.
ARB do a lift for KDSS with offset spring heights to compensate.

good luck and look forward to the photos

Rod Barker
Rod Barker (roddy626)
13 Dec 2014

Hi Tim
Check if your planning to puchase with KDSS.
There has been KDSS lifts with a body roll, looks strange and noticable. do your research and shop around. anything higher then a 2" your struggling to find a car park.
ARB do a lift for KDSS with offset spring heights to compensate.

good luck and look forward to the photos

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
14 Dec 2014

Now you mention it my 200 has KDSS.... The suspension lift just went straight on .... No issues with it  or tyre wear....I like the idea of sticking 35s on.... My mates identical 200 had them on (MTZs) with a std 2 inch lift and no other mods.... Looks mean too!!

Sam
Sam (BLACK_TJ)
14 Dec 2014

You don't need offset spring heights for the kdss it just needs to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing, the valve needs to be released before starting the install and then tightened when done to stop everything pulling one way.

Tim Cantone
Tim Cantone (Boss)
14 Dec 2014

Thanks guys, heaps of good info and advise.

Will post some photos either way

David
David (Paul Patrol)
16 Dec 2014

Hi Tim,

If you want comfort, reliability, can lift more than 2 inches & can tackle the harder stuff then I highly recoment that you look at a GU.

Mine's an 08 with 3" lift & I run 33" MTZ's & it goes grouse. The 3Ltr is a bit under powered but you get used to that....or look for a 4.2 which are bullet proof. Best drive train in the buizz mate. I still havent had the chance to use my winch yet lol.

Good luck with your search.

Fraser
Fraser (ScotsMan)
18 Dec 2014

I have a mate running 35's with icon suspension fitted by autocraft maybe give them a call 

Chris
Chris (BDR)
21 Dec 2014

Icon mate a lift thats bigger than 2" ......you would want some mighty DEEP pockets though.

There is a bloke on Outers that has the 200 with 4" lift from memorey will see if i can find it for you.