Mt Margaret Licola

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
02 Nov 2017

Looking at taking some mates on the northern end on Mt Margaret track north of Licola. 

I haven't done this section yet so was wondering what the condition is in and if you have done it what vehicle and specs did you do it in. 

Thanks Dan

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
02 Nov 2017

Done it lots of times Dan, you'll be fine its a good track.  I'd do it in a stock vehilce any day of the week, more so if you are following an experienced driver.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
02 Nov 2017

Done it lots of times Dan, you'll be fine its a good track.  I'd do it in a stock vehilce any day of the week, more so if you are following an experienced driver.

Agree with Alex's comments Dan. Is a nice track with a couple of steepish sections, so a 4wd with decent rubber and the driver has a bit of experience should not have any issues, unless of course it is wet.

In regards to the track condition, cannot comment what it is like now, but a group of us from the site will be driving it next week after all the cup weekend crowds have gone home, so can give you a report then if you like.

Ray
Ray (Ray)
02 Nov 2017

Mt Margaret has become pretty tame of late, even in the wet, so it shouldn't be difficult for just about any vehicle.

I hoep not too many are planning to be out after the Melbourne Cup weekend, I was hoping to have a quiet Cruise the weekend after.

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
02 Nov 2017

Thanks guys. Im doing it this saturday with a mate who has a mildly modified range rover sport. The older one based on a d4 so it fairy capable.
Good to know the track is fairly tame. Thanks