Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
25 Oct 2017

After some info, places to see, tracks, and what are some good maps to use?

Joyce
Joyce (Joyce)
26 Oct 2017

We use rooftop maps. It indicates places to see and explain route. Cheers.

Mick
Mick (mickyj)
26 Oct 2017

We use rooftop maps. It indicates places to see and explain route. Cheers.

Hi montzuma falls tastiest highest water fall track starts off main rd between Rosebery and Zehan(west coast).enjoy mick

Andrew
Andrew (Klrwrangler)
26 Oct 2017

Is rooftop just hardcopy paper maps?

Im in the proccess of booking a tassi trip over new years period and looking for routs and trackts at the moment, and my ipda HEMA has no track names!!

Antony, when do you plan on going?

Graeme (TasTriton)
26 Oct 2017

Pieman heads from Granville Harvour is well worth the drive. Full day trip. Sawback Reange track, Adamsfield area, need to book permit and pick up key  Parks office at National Park. 

If you're on the East Coast, Swanston Track.

Good book is  4wd Tracks in Tasmania, purchase through roving.com.au, or lots of shops sell.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
26 Oct 2017

Antony, some great 4wding there; how long are you going for and when, as this may dictate what you can and cant do. I have a copy of the book '4wding in Tasmania' you can borrow if you wish, as it has all of the tracks around the Apple Isle.

I suspect the west coast is the place you want to really visit, so permits are required. These can be picked up at Arthur River, (which includes some basic maps in the price), and I would suggest this is probably the best place to start. If you want more detailed info, just yell out.

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
26 Oct 2017

Antony, some great 4wding there; how long are you going for and when, as this may dictate what you can and cant do. I have a copy of the book '4wding in Tasmania' you can borrow if you wish, as it has all of the tracks around the Apple ......

Going 17th of March for 2 weeks. Doing a 5 day tag a long tour of the west coast 

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
26 Oct 2017

Thanks for the offer Allan. Just looked online and will purchase the guidebook, knowing me it will get covered in mud and crap anyway. As I said, doing a 5 day tour of the west and just planning an easy cruise down south and on the east coast for the rest of the trip

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 Oct 2017

All good Antony. There are a couple of nice tracks not far out of Hobart and a few up the north east coast as well. Which company are you doing the 5 day west coast trip with?

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
30 Oct 2017

All good Antony. There are a couple of nice tracks not far out of Hobart and a few up the north east coast as well. Which company are you doing the 5 day west coast trip with?

Tasmanian off-road adventures