Silo art and Big desert

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)

Who would be interested in doing a Photography trip Big Desert and Silo Art trip during the Melbourne Cup weekend?

We would like to start Saturday 4th November

Plan is to meet up in Ararat, drive to Rupanyup and admire the first Silo art then to Sleep Hills and Brim for some more art.

After that we drive to Rosebery, where the Silo Art is still a work in progress. Depending on how long we spent taking pics and fly with the drone we either  make way to our camp spot at Lake Albacutya( Western Beach) this has toliets and cold showers. Maybe there is oppurtunity for some night photography!

Or we continue the Silo art trail to Lascelles and Patchewollok, then drive to our camp spot.

Then  do some Big desert driving on Sunday,  ( and  visit the last 2 Silo's if not done Saturday)

Second night at Western Beach.

Monday we make our way home after brekky

Our main aim for this trip is to combine 4wdriving with some photography!

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 Oct 2017

Damn it.. I'm working (on-call) that weekend.. had to swap it with a mate so I could attend the xmas gathering! Had to miss out on something :(

Did you guys go last time? or did you endup cancelling the trip?

Damn it.. I'm working (on-call) that weekend.. had to swap it with a mate so I could attend the xmas gathering! Had to miss out on something :(

Did you guys go last time? or did you endup cancelling the trip?

Yes we went, we saw all the Silo art  but could not do a lot of drone flying due to strong winds. We only  did a little bit of sand driving...then  I got sick so we did not do a lot in the Big Desert. 

There was some interest so I thought if people want we could do it again

Mien

We have decided that we will run this trip again in 2018!

Mien