Weekday Trips - 1 day or overnighters

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Trevor
Trevor (Trevor56)
10 Sep 2017

Hi

Being in the semi retirement time of life, but still active I have seen some members of the site that do shift work that includes weekends. There is probably that others in my position that may prefer or can only to do trips midweek. As the majority of trips are weekends was thinking why not do more midweek trips to cater for those whose weekends are otherwise taken. Just need to organize and lead them. I'm happy to do this.

I'm reasonably flexible as to what days/nights away given a bit of lead time.  Could start with a day trip or overnighter to Mt Disappointment. The trips would be medium or hard depending on who joins and certainly not trying to cover as much ground as possible as the Patrol I'm driving is no speed demon and needs to be driven with sympathy.

So please post what days of the week that are your "weekend" and we shall see what we can organize.

Trevor

Ben Howe
Ben Howe (Nacho)
10 Sep 2017

Hi Trevor ,

I don't have definite regular days free during the week jist depends how work is going.

I was thinking about heading out this coming Tuesday .

Possibly mt dissapointment .

Ben

G'day Trevor
Im in the shift worker category im always up for weekday overnighters especially wed & thurs of every 2nd week so im generally up for a run in the bush even a day run here and there is great too
Cheers Trevor

Chris
Chris (L0wey)
11 Sep 2017

Hi Trev

9 to 5 but can get time off for day tripsđź‘Ť

Mark
Mark (Tennismark)
11 Sep 2017

Great idea Trevor. Currently work overseas but whenever I'm back I have free free time. So this helps me get out of the house and choirs, so I am good for any day of the week.....keen to head out next week if anyone's keen? 

Konrad
Konrad (Koni)
11 Sep 2017

I'm semi retired as well and the school year is comming to an end for my kids soon.

I'd be happy to tag along during the week for a day or two. I just need to let the kids know they'll be doing their own cooking and cleaning.

Won't that be character building ?

Konrad

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
11 Sep 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
11 Sep 2017

perfect for me just need a fortnight notice to plan ahead in most cases

Richard
Richard (rtexplora)
11 Sep 2017

Hi Trevor,

Sounds like a great idea. Although I work full time, I can grab a day or 2 midweek for some 4 wheeling - usually later in the week works for me.

Looking forward to your next trip posting

Cheers mate

Rich

Dale
Dale (Cobber88)
11 Sep 2017

Very interested

Rodney
Rodney (nissy patrol)
11 Sep 2017

Hi Trevor I'm retired as well so weekday trips are ok for me 

Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
12 Sep 2017

For me my weekend is Sunday and Monday. Most trips are posted for Saturdays, so I would be happy to see trips done at other times as well.

Rosco (Rosco)
14 Sep 2017

Yep ,shift worker (24/7 roster) be happy to do midweek trips. Rosco. 

Some weekends are now off my trips, so I will be doing more midweek trips, when the weather warms up. I'm not a snow bunny Like a few of my other 4WDTRIP mates. so I will be looking forward to making some new midweek mates

Reading all the comments there would appear to be a whole lot of trips coming up midweek which can only be a great thing

1 2   Next